Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Altitude limitation

I hear ya and thanks Augustine. I hope to see a 3rd party app in the near future. My current fleet has done well for the last three years. My GoPro4 HB still takes some amazing shots from my 3DR Solos.
The pano from Anafi in RAW is 50meg, the upload limit on this forum is around 10mb.

View attachment 29

Seriously! I am missing shots, dramatic shots, because of this limitation.

If Anafi is about freedom, this limit needs to be removed or dramatically extended.

Here in the mountains I can fly safely and legally 2000 feet or more above the take-off altitude.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Seriously! I am missing shots, dramatic shots, because of this limitation.

If Anafi is about freedom, this limit needs to be removed or dramatically extended.

Here in the mountains I can fly safely and legally 2000 feet or more above the take-off altitude.
One trick to bypass this limit is to create one point of flightplan edit altitude with no limit [es: 200 meters or 1000 meters ] then stop and go freeflight you stay at that altitude going down but not up.

One trick to bypass this limit is to create one point of flightplan edit altitude with no limit [es: 200 meters or 1000 meters ] then stop and go freeflight you stay at that altitude going down but not up.

have you try it? go up with flight plan then stop at limit you want and do manual flight, is it oke?

Good luck with that one, Parrot had set a standard altitude and if you go past that it turns RED in color so you are out of the standard height limit. Send in you log files to Parrot and they will just laugh at you for trying to get warranty work :)

Reactions: d95gas
Good luck with that one, Parrot had set a standard altitude and if you go past that it turns RED in color so you are out of the standard height limit. Send in you log files to Parrot and they will just laugh at you for trying to get warranty work :)
For me 150mt is enough but if Parrot give the option i think is ok if not why parrot not block at 150mt and give the opportunity to flight over with the flightplan?

Like I said go for it, I do not want to be the first to ask for warranty when the logs say it is over limit. Hope it all works out for you.

I'm back in MIAMI for the season and I'm not following. Let me review. If I buy the "in app flight plan", I can go as high as I need? This will be worth the small fee, most of my Montana lake pano's are with the SOLO at 600ft with a 3.97mm lens. I could not get the same prospective at Anafi's 493'.

Am I correct on this in app altitude limitation fix? Thanks in advance for all input.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing the unlimited altitude in flight plan, I see a max altitude of 492', what am I missing?
Try editing(long press) a way point and manually editing the height by typing it in, I believe the slider still caps out at whatever your limit is.

One trick that will not risk your warranty is to launch higher, decend below launch level and climb back up. So if possible in the ridge example if you can reach the 900 foot level physically, you could launch, fly down the ridge and then climb back for your shot. It's not perfect, but i have used it to shoot things I can only reach from above. Bridges over ravines for example. i understand this won't work in a lot of scenarios but it's still an improvement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh