Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Altitude limitation

JANGER

Reaction score
Is the 3rd switch on this screeshot works with altitude obbey? Or ANAFI can only 150m up?

1530481902613.png

Hi,there is no zero altitude,min.is aprox 3feet/1meter and max is 500feet/150meters.....difference between dji and parrot is that with dji you can fly alitude higher than 150 meters but cant fly around airports....with parrot you are limited to 150 meters but your location is not locked by firmware,meaning,theoretically you could fly inside the airport:)

Reactions: QuadKid
Hi,there is no zero altitude,min.is aprox 3feet/1meter and max is 500feet/150meters.....difference between dji and parrot is that with dji you can fly alitude higher than 150 meters but cant fly around airports....with parrot you are limited to 150 meters but your location is not locked by firmware,meaning,theoretically you could fly inside the airport:)
That works for me !!

What happens in the case of towers or mountains? It is legal in the USA to fly higher than 400' above the take-off altitude when near a tower or flying within 400' AGL along a mountain slope.

If I take-off from the valley floor at 1000 feet above sea level, will the Anafi fly to the peak which is 2000 feet above the valley floor?

Reactions: BryceSteiner
What happens in the case of towers or mountains? It is legal in the USA to fly higher than 400' above the take-off altitude when near a tower or flying within 400' AGL along a mountain slope.
If I take-off from the valley floor at 1000 feet above sea level, will the Anafi fly to the peak which is 2000 feet above the valley floor?

No it is not legal to fly higher than 400' AGL here in the US, you can fly up to 400' above a structure such as a tower, building ect.. but you must remain within 400 LF (Linear Feet) of the structure. The Anafi has a altitude limit of 150 meters above the takeoff point., not sure if that also applies to 150 meters below the take off point such as taking off from top of a hill then flying down the hillside. Doesn't make sense to have that restriction, but I have never tested it.

Under Part 336 there are no legal requirements to fly at or below 400’ unless you’re within an airport traffic area. There is a recommendation to fly at or below elsewhere but it is not required. You should fly within the safety guidelines of a community based organization, and the AMA is generally thought to be that organization. I can assure you, their members frequently fly well above 400’ AGL. They could not participate in scale aerobatics or thermal soaring activities if they were limited to 400’.

Under Part 107 there are very clear requirements to limit altitude to 400’ AGL or less unless specific conditions permit otherwise. One of those conditions is inspecting a structure taller than 400’ but you must remain within 400’ of the structure. This includes flying up to 400’ higher than the structure if directly over it. A couple other allowable conditions are having an altitude waiver or dealing with an emergency condition where it is necessary to the safe outcome of the flight to exceed the 400’ limit.

Until the FAA elects to incorporate their registration altitude agreement into Part 336 I seriously doubt it can be legally enforced. In a manner of speaking you are forced to agree to the limit in order to obey the legal requirements for aircraft registration so you have to check that agreement box in order to complete the registration process.

Right. Since we can legally fly higher than 150m above the take-off altitude, does Anafi do it? Or is it crippled to that limit?

Hi,Freeflight 6 like all previous parrot app versions has a 500/150m altitude limit but there is way around.There is few third party apps like Bebop Pro(iOS) and Auriga Bebop(android),up to this point they did update apps every time new drone model came out.I didnt use much beboppro,mostly Auriga Bebop ( Auriga Bebop),auriga bebop doesnt have features like flight plan or follow me ,it 100% FPV head tracking app,you get any VR glasses and you controll camera with your head movements.Another feature Auriga bebop has is once you hit 500feet/150m limit icon shows up and by pressing one of the buttons on controller +UP you can bypass the altitude limit....now Anafi is barand new drone so it is still early but i am sure Auriga Bebop will update app at some point and i must say i am eagerly waiting for it

I have never had a reason to fly above 400 feet myself (here n Canada we are restricted to 300 feet) . To me if you want video\pictures any higher use google maps. Anything above 200 feet looks like ants anyways so what is the point.

I have never had a reason to fly above 400 feet myself (here n Canada we are restricted to 300 feet) . To me if you want video\pictures any higher use google maps. Anything above 200 feet looks like ants anyways so what is the point.

Same here, no problem with the altitude limit, hope they update to user defined RTH altitude.

I too have never had a 'reason' to do so, however that does not mean other people will not have a reason to do so. I know Yuneec limit you to 122m but you can apply to them for a "patch" to remove this limitation if you can provide them with either a waiver or supporting evidence that you have a genuine need to exceed their limit.

It's also fair to suggest that if you require a limitless ceiling height then the Anafi is not suitable for that requirement. I'm pretty sure people would be pretty annoyed if car manufacturers started limiting cars to a top speed of 55mph regardless of which country they were destined for!

I know Yuneec limit you to 122m but you can apply to them for a "patch" to remove this limitation if you can provide them with either a waiver or supporting evidence that you have a genuine need to exceed their limit.

This has been removed a long time ago if you live in North America. If you still cannot fly over 400 feet with your Typhoon H then you are on old firmware.
Four hundred feet (122 Meters) is no longer a limitation. You do have to use the GUI to set it higher. Easy process.
The b30 firmware removed the limitation that is present in b27 firmware. You must use the GUI to set limits higher than 400'(122 Meters). The system defaults to ~390' if left unchanged.

If you get your commercial FAA cert, you can also ask Yuneec to remove the NFZ restrictions. Also note that Yuneec has made it clear that they do not collect your flight data and send it anywhere.

This has been removed a long time ago if you live in North America. If you still cannot fly over 400 feet with your Typhoon H then you are on old firmware.
Four hundred feet (122 Meters) is no longer a limitation. You do have to use the GUI to set it higher. Easy process.
The b30 firmware removed the limitation that is present in b27 firmware. You must use the GUI to set limits higher than 400'(122 Meters). The system defaults to ~390' if left unchanged.

If you get your commercial FAA cert, you can also ask Yuneec to remove the NFZ restrictions. Also note that Yuneec has made it clear that they do not collect your flight data and send it anywhere.

Yes I had forgotten, I live in the UK and can't recall if it was changed for the EU firmware but I tend not to fly that high. My point was that it's not without precedent for a manufacturer to limit and further to that Yuneec would allow the removal of said restriction. :)

People have to start realizing this thing is basically a glorified selfie drone. There is no need to go over 400 feet with this thing. If you need to go higher you are looking at the wrong UAV. Something that weighs just over 300 grams will not do well in strong winds up 400 feet anyways.

Reactions: nicholashickman
Around 6am during the summer here in the Rocky Mountains the air is usually calm and cool...perfect for following a ridge up a 1000 feet above point of takeoff, yet never exceeding 400' AGL, to catch the sun peeking over the peaks. Doesn't this seem like a legit shot well within the capabilities of Anafi? Yet it would require exceeding the present 150m limit.

Reactions: ghulse
Around 6am during the summer here in the Rocky Mountains the air is usually calm and cool...perfect for following a ridge up a 1000 feet above point of takeoff, yet never exceeding 400' AGL, to catch the sun peeking over the peaks. Doesn't this seem like a legit shot well within the capabilities of Anafi? Yet it would require exceeding the present 150m limit.

Well from other Parrot UAV's they have had 3rd party apps and hacks so this might be coming. No idea for sure but if things follow the parrot line like all the other stuff expect some 3rd party software to make it even better.

I bought it for taking high resolution panorama's (2 or more photos stitched together) in RAW. I need more than 150M sometimes in the landscapes I shoot. Airspace is not a problem. I hope to see a fix in the near future.

Don't think we will see them removing it but we might see a 3rd party App come out with a few more bells and whistles. I'm starting to see a lot of things that need to be added. Would love to get into the log files also for telemetry lay overs for my videos. Its just brand new so I will wait and see what might get fix or changed. If nothing I will sell this thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame