Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amazon Fire HD10 tablet

LivinLarge

Reaction score
I tried the 10" Fire tablet with the FreeFlight 6 app. Had to install the Google Play app to download the app. The app did basically work and connected to the Anafi just fine. Sadly, there is terrible lag. I had the WiFi turned off on the tablet and all other apps turned off. This is a surprising result since the tablet works great with my Mavic and the Go4 app which which is a well known resource hog.
Has anyone had success with the Fire tablets?

I tried the 10" Fire tablet with the FreeFlight 6 app. Had to install the Google Play app to download the app. The app did basically work and connected to the Anafi just fine. Sadly, there is terrible lag. I had the WiFi turned off on the tablet and all other apps turned off. This is a surprising result since the tablet works great with my Mavic and the Go4 app which which is a well known resource hog.
Has anyone had success with the Fire tablets?

Sorry but phones/tablets with a quad core CPUs seem no longer to have enough horsepower under the hood to run Freeflight 6. The same goes for DJIGO4. :(

Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) - Full tablet specifications

Invest in a phone/tablet with at least a 1.5GHz octa (8) core CPU and 3GB RAM to have something that is future-proof.

Regards Leif.

Sorry but phones/tablets with a quad core CPUs seem no longer to have enough horsepower under the hood to run Freeflight 6. The same goes for DJIGO4. :(

Amazon Fire HD 10 (2017) - Full tablet specifications

Invest in a phone/tablet with at least a 1.5GHz octa (8) core CPU and 3GB RAM to have something that is future-proof.

Regards Leif.
... and a quad (4) core CPU should have at least 2.3GHz.

[QUOTE = "Dirk_ANAFI, post: 5679, medlem: 175"] ... og en quad (4) core CPU skal have mindst 2.3GHz. [/ QUOTE]

Yes Dirk, but a quad core CPU with a 2.3 GHz clock freq may not be able to handle the next release of FreeFlight 6. It's not an device one should buy now because it's the technology of the past.

Regards Leif.

Yes, I think you are right!
As I said: "should have at least..." I meant "now" or with FF6 version 6.3.0.
I really don't know what Parrot will pack into version 7.4.7, so it's hard to say, which smartphone will be able to deal with this last version in 2020 (joking).

Reactions: Landbo
Well what ever Parrot did I would not go running out and buying a new phone or tablet until we see if Parrot makes some changes to let these phones & tablets start working again. Its not a very smart move on their part to render one of the most important parts useless and you can already see the backlash it has caused just from reading the forums, facebook and their review page.
If you really need a new phone or tablet then yes like Lanbo said you might be better off getting a better one for the future.

Bit naughty of them to do this. From point of view of Anafi, my superb Nexus 7 (2013) is useless and cannot be used. Yet I am still using it with my Mavic Pro and it works faultlessly.

Superb screen, perfect size, OK its only quad core, but still a perfectly good tablet..... Come on Parrot, sort your act out before you start losing customers. (Rant over)

Bit naughty of them to do this. From point of view of Anafi, my superb Nexus 7 (2013) is useless and cannot be used. Yet I am still using it with my Mavic Pro and it works faultlessly.

Superb screen, perfect size, OK its only quad core, but still a perfectly good tablet..... Come on Parrot, sort your act out before you start losing customers. (Rant over)
I also have the Nexus 7. I hope Parrot can fix this issue. It seems to be mainly a problem with video feed. Not sure why this suddenly needs more processing power.

Yes seems very odd that one minute it works perfectly fine with FF6, and gives no issues, then we update ...... and all of a sudden the device is too old to be used........ Sounds like dirty tricks, and if thats the way they play, then I for one will be getting rid of the Anafi and going back to the Mavic Pro, which incidentally works perfect fine on the Nexus.

The Anafi does work fine on my $50 Huawei Ascend XT2. It is 1.4 gHz octacore with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage.

Yep, I have the XT2 (Wundaphone) and is great for my Mavic and Anafi. But I prefer the larger screen of the Nexus, which I use all the time on the Mavic..... The XT2 is my backup device, never used for calls as I am in the UK, but it is unlocked and rooted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame