Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Amp draw of the Anafi?

As a very rough guess:-
Battery is 2700mAh
Flight time is stated at 25 mins (ideal conditions).
Therefore current draw should be in the region of 2.7*60/25 = 6.5 amps
However the maximum current draw could be much higher depending on wind, altitude, speed, etc.

Why do you want to know?

Thanks for your thoughts. I guesstimated the same way, only with less minutes.
Planning a battery mod for extended flight. Looking for the Anafi’s sweet spot :). Most important is the highest mAh’s with ‘enough’ amps.
Example: very high drain, 15 or 20 or more amp li-Ion cells in a 2S pack converts to 30 or 40 amps. A ‘genuine’ good high quality 5 or 6 or 7 amp li-Ion cell (which converts to 10 or 12 or 14 amps) will provide more minutes with the same mAh capacity available.
Find the cell tailor made for the application. Thusly the ‘sweet spot’.
Feel free to disagree. Post your opinion

I know very little about building aftermarket batteries. Only from what I have picked up from reading other forums of users trying to do the same thing with other manufactures UAV's. Other pilots say to use a C rating between 10 and 20 with aftermarket batteries. C rating is very important. It is the discharge rate of a battery.
If you can find high drain 26650 cells for your build this is what some are using with some success.

You would also have to allow for the extra weight of increased capacity cells in your calculations. How are you going to connect the new battery to the Anafi? We know that the Anafi battery terminals are always live but nobody has interrogated the other pins to see what signals are on those that start the Anafi and keep the battery lights on. Have you more information about what the other pins do?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99