Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi - Conforming Greens 01

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
I've had the idea of capturing images of bowling greens from above for a while now. Something about the obsessive nature of imposing absolute control over the landscape in such a controlling & conforming manner amuses me.Not quite sure which way to go with this image though, whether to go with the square crop or the 4:3 crop. I'll keep exploring it at other clubs & see what leaps out at me then.

Technicals:
Natural, ISO 100, Auto WB & Shutter

Conforming Greens Squared 01.jpg

Interesting. I have been collecting images of tennis courts. I fly over an area with a lot of rich people in it and I have discovered dozens of tennis courts from bright cyan-blue modern things to old courts which probably date back to the 1920s. I have only actually seen one being used to play tennis.

Interesting picture, plenty of clues.

Reactions: justDee
Interesting. I have been collecting images of tennis courts. I fly over an area with a lot of rich people in it and I have discovered dozens of tennis courts from bright cyan-blue modern things to old courts which probably date back to the 1920s. I have only actually seen one being used to play tennis.

Interesting picture, plenty of clues.
View attachment 2027
Tennis courts would be an interesting motif, I know that around here we have a huge variety of surface colours to choose from.

Gotta love reverse searching on Google or the like! I've used it numerous times to find the locations of particular places.

If you were only taking a shot of a single bowling green, square makes more sense. But the square shot of the two greens looks better to me than the 4:3 crop. Now, if I were to take a vertical shot of a soccer or football field, which is about 4:3 here in the colonies, naturally I would use 4:3.

That's American football, not rugby!! I have no idea of the dimensions of a rugby field. ?

Boy, those are pretty greens!

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
If you were only taking a shot of a single bowling green, square makes more sense. But the square shot of the two greens looks better to me than the 4:3 crop. Now, if I were to take a vertical shot of a soccer or football field, which is about 4:3 here in the colonies, naturally I would use 4:3.

That's American football, not rugby!! I have no idea of the dimensions of a rugby field. ?

Boy, those are pretty greens!
The interesting part for me is that different clubs have different arrangements of their greens, so it's going to be an interesting motif to explore, for me anyway. Simple things for simple minds! :ROFLMAO:

Most of the clubs have moved over to Astro-turf ™ these days, which is a pity, because as a kid I was always fascinated by the checker patterns created by the ride-on roller mowers passing over the greens in two different axis'.

Football fields would be interesting, from a couple of community events I have captured earial video & photography footage of, they are actually quite spotty in their greenery! As can be sen in the larger view of this particular club, with the adjoining oval. On the ground, you don't really notice that severe difference! Plus, you folks have great sets of bleachers, with that formality & repetition to them, when viewed from above.

I want my whole yard to be Astro-turf . Wake up in the morning and look outside ...........OH look at that I do not have to cut the lawn again today LOL

• Haha
Gotta love reverse searching on Google or the like! I've used it numerous times to find the locations of particular places.

I could see "CBBC" in the form of a sign so I thought that probably stands for Cxxxx Bxxx Bowling Club. Searching for "CBBC bowling club" produced surprisingly few hits, I noted your location as Adelaide, South Australia and the third match was in South Australia so I had high confidence when I clicked on its Facebook account. From there I found a map which mentioned Bruce Avenue and Christies Beach, Google Earth homed in on it in seconds and I instantly recognized it.

Was there a cricket match being played (at the Bice Oval) when Google Earth took their picture? I see some pale figures in a suspiciously non-random formation.

I could see "CBBC" in the form of a sign so I thought that probably stands for Cxxxx Bxxx Bowling Club. Searching for "CBBC bowling club" produced surprisingly few hits, I noted your location as Adelaide, South Australia and the third match was in South Australia so I had high confidence when I clicked on its Facebook account. From there I found a map which mentioned Bruce Avenue and Christies Beach, Google Earth homed in on it in seconds and I instantly recognized it.

Was there a cricket match being played (at the Bice Oval) when Google Earth took their picture? I see some pale figures in a suspiciously non-random formation.
It does look like a cricket match was in progress! Well spotted!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar