Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Drops at 12% battery Level

BRC

Reaction score
So I was out yesterday at a RC flying field testing screen recorder on different Iphones trying to figure out why video feed is stuttering
Flew half a battery on one Iphone model 6 and the other half on model 6S
As i was bringing it in to land around 15% at 7 ft elevation some kid on a bicycle was heading straight thru landing area-
so i took it back up to about 15 ft or so - waiting for him to pass
Then at 12% battery it shuts off and drops less that 10 seconds into a two minute auto landing warning
Is there not supposed to be a safe auto landing when battery gets to critical level
Damaged end of battery - bent a couple prop screws
What happened?

Attaching flight log, link to video of screen recording, and photos

Graph Drop 5-16-20.jpg
Flight path 5-16-20.jpg
Screen Shot 5-16-20.jpg

Attachments

• 0914_2020-05-16T130920-0700_E19FE4_002E.json
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
I think there is a powermanagement problem, perhaps when the batteries getting older.
And starting with a 60 something% battery is not helping the algorythms, methinks.
Till now, I just experience strange decharging straight after charging mine up (100%-60+% in 48 hours!), but I had a auto battery landin, just seconds after the "return home in ..." showed up, so kind of your event, just with the autolanding you asked for.
Not your falling event. Which was lucky, cause my bird was still "a bit higher" in the air and not close enough, to just let it go down.
This happend also just in the lower 10ish % area.
Right now I plan flights to end just before 20%.

How old is that battery?
My 3 are 19 month, about 50ish circles (only)
Have you, by chance, observed self discharging over night, perhaps?

I think there is a powermanagement problem, perhaps when the batteries getting older.
And starting with a 60 something% battery is not helping the algorythms, methinks.
Till now, I just experience strange decharging straight after charging mine up (100%-60+% in 48 hours!), but I had a auto battery landin, just seconds after the "return home in ..." showed up, so kind of your event, just with the autolanding you asked for.
Not your falling event. Which was lucky, cause my bird was still "a bit higher" in the air and not close enough, to just let it go down.
This happend also just in the lower 10ish % area.
Right now I plan flights to end just before 20%.

How old is that battery?
My 3 are 19 month, about 50ish circles (only)
Have you, by chance, observed self discharging over night, perhaps?
I think you are correct about power management
Batteries are 9 months old with about 90 cycles on each
I have noticed the discharging too, along with different capacity readings after full charge
A few weeks back I did perform hard battery resets as parrot recommends when battery behavior strays from its expected
After I got home and straightend prop screws I flew on another battery - It autolanded at 8% -
Normally I do land around 20% but was in open field so was not overly concerned
My bad

It is not your fault or bad at all: you should definitely contact Parrot with your screen recording and have them replace it or something

Thanks Test - I am planning on opening a ticket with support so at least they are aware of what happened

Since 1.6.3 FW, two major problems have emerged:
- Country Selection Closing (FCC-CE)
- Bad estimate of battery charge
Of these, Parrot was able to solve the first problem after 2 firmware. Battery problems were only exacerbated by the new firmware. Then the Anafi began to fall. This has not been resolved to date ...

So I was out yesterday at a RC flying field testing screen recorder on different Iphones trying to figure out why video feed is stuttering
Flew half a battery on one Iphone model 6 and the other half on model 6S
As i was bringing it in to land around 15% at 7 ft elevation some kid on a bicycle was heading straight thru landing area-
so i took it back up to about 15 ft or so - waiting for him to pass
Then at 12% battery it shuts off and drops less that 10 seconds into a two minute auto landing warning
Is there not supposed to be a safe auto landing when battery gets to critical level
Damaged end of battery - bent a couple prop screws
What happened?

Attaching flight log, link to video of screen recording, and photos

View attachment 4168
View attachment 4170
View attachment 4171

Check my treath, got just the same problem as you had with 27% battery left. From 20m crashed without any warning or error.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that Ross, it's no fun.
That being said for my situation I am going to consider it my lucky day
Young Kid riding bike thru landing zone - could have run into drone if I continued to land
Not sure why he and his family were there as it is a designated Drone zone
As it was, even with the failure, he had just passed when it dropped
I'll take a damaged drone over a personal injury any day
I did open a support ticket with parrot today after speaking with them - will be interesting how they will respond
Best regards

Reactions: Ross and zandoli
I believe they will do you right, I hope it will be in a timely manner

Good news Ross to hear that they came through for you!
I am still waiting but have hope
I did purchase a brand new extended anafi this weekend but,
decided to wait on opening until I hear back on how they are planning to deal with my two warranty claims
Just doesn't feel right if they will not stand behind their product, support, & warranty
Happy flying

Good news Ross to hear that they came through for you!
I am still waiting but have hope
I did purchase a brand new extended anafi this weekend but,
decided to wait on opening until I hear back on how they are planning to deal with my two warranty claims
Just doesn't feel right if they will not stand behind their product, support, & warranty
Happy flying

Hello, yes Parrot analized the crash file and said i can receive a new one. But i need to contact amazon.de where i bought it. So also no problem they said, i need to send my broken Anafi and they will refund the price to me. i didn’t wait for the money, i bought already a new one, so i hope they still pay back the money[emoji57].
I started a post about installing older firmware 1.6.3 and not 1.6.8 (the version i crashed with)

Hello, yes Parrot analized the crash file and said i can receive a new one. But i need to contact amazon.de where i bought it. So also no problem they said, i need to send my broken Anafi and they will refund the price to me. i didn’t wait for the money, i bought already a new one, so i hope they still pay back the money[emoji57].
I started a post about installing older firmware 1.6.3 and not 1.6.8 (the version i crashed with)

are you really sure nobody crashed with 1.6.3?

As i read this forums, most stable version with no special problems[emoji848]

this forums has regulars destroying their batteries by using them as power banks

this forums has regulars destroying their batteries by using them as power banks

I really do not see how using a battery as a power bank can harm it. What is a battery? Basically just a power bank to power some device. I fly Autel products and they suggest using your spare UAV batteries if needed to charge the controller or even run their new Live Deck out in the field. These batteries are all designed the same to do one thing, transfer power.

Reactions: Ana789
I really do not see how using a battery as a power bank can harm it. What is a battery? Basically just a power bank to power some device. I fly Autel products and they suggest using your spare UAV batteries if needed to charge the controller or even run their new Live Deck out in the field. These batteries are all designed the same to do one thing, transfer power.
While that is a nifty Autel-feature, it does not mean the Anafi batteries were designed to be operated in the same way

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
I didn’t use my batteries as powerbank and it crashed, so,... i don’t see any link on that. It’s all about programming the firmware who did the problems, so i hope programmers Parrot will do a ‘correct’ update [emoji1695][emoji1695]

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
While that is a nifty Autel-feature, it does not mean the Anafi batteries were designed to be operated in the same way

LOL well since neither you or I work for Parrot we will never know the answer but logic suggests that it is just a power source and should be fine to use as a power bank as long as you do not drain it past the danger zone for Lipos. If there was a problem with that Parrot would have included the info in their battery section which is pretty well written.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320