Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Drops at 12% battery Level

If it was a feature they would have included it.

also, every noob will drain it to the danger zone-anyway; they won’t be watching the light during the discharge

I didn’t use my batteries as powerbank and it crashed, so,... i don’t see any link on that. It’s all about programming the firmware who did the problems, so i hope programmers Parrot will do a ‘correct’ update [emoji1695][emoji1695]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
You will never know anyway as everybody on this board will claim that 1.6.3 is faultless :)

What should i do, startup, updating to 1.6.8 and fly and don’t think at anything about firmware versions?

LOL well since neither you or I work for Parrot we will never know the answer but logic suggests that it is just a power source and should be fine to use as a power bank as long as you do not drain it past the danger zone for Lipos. If there was a problem with that Parrot would have included the info in their battery section which is pretty well written.
If you use the battery for flying, high power consumption for a short time (max. 20-22 minutes), in powerbank mode, charging your phone with low power consumption for up to 1-2 hours. How would it matter? If the firmware that handles this is not prepared for this, it may record bad data about the capacity of the battery and therefore mistakenly believe that it is exhausted and will stop the drone in the air.
DJI and Autel allow you to use it as a powerbank, but Parrot makes no reference to that.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
What should i do, startup, updating to 1.6.8 and fly and don’t think at anything about firmware versions?

If you have an iPhone, update everything and make sure you always have iPhone-screenrecording turned on. In case it crashes; you will have 'insurance'; even if you cannot retrieve the drone. But to be completely safe, email parrot, ask them which firmware you should use, if they say "always update" then you have it 100%

So if this is true the way you state then lets just say we leave our Anafi's turned on without the props running so it has low power drain till the battery drains to storage voltage then it might harm the battery? That theory makes no sense.

So if this is true the way you state then lets just say we leave our Anafi's turned on without the props runningso it has low power drain till the battery drains to storage voltage then it might harm the battery? That theory makes no sense.

maybe the smart batteries only can correctly monitor the charge during operation in Anafi or during charging. If using it as a power bank discharges the battery without the smart battery 'knowing', and like Gipsz Jakab suggested, that could throw the battery off?

So if this is true the way you state then lets just say we leave our Anafi's turned on without the props running so it has low power drain till the battery drains to storage voltage then it might harm the battery? That theory makes no sense.
Anafi consumes much more than a plain phone charge, when turned on. Everything works: Camera, main processor, video processor, Wifi transceiver, IMU, GPS receiver, and cooling fan.

The only warning Parrot gives about the battery in manual is this. "About USB-PD power banks: Parrot does not recommend users to invest in a USB-PD power bank, as not all of them support USB-C to USB-C charging of ’s battery. Indeed, due to the nature of the USB-C technology, some USB-PD power banks recharge on ’s smart battery, rather than the other way around." Now if it they had also added it will harm your battery then we would not be having this conversation. So like I said none of us work for Parrot and this is all speculation on our part.

Perhaps this could be another thing for d95gas to ask his new found friend the VP of Parrot to get to the bottom of. :)

I can certainly add to the little list of questions, I shall be emailing Chris this weekend, so will pose the question and we can see what comes back (y)

From the Bible of "Parrot Anafi" (Last Release)

1590770684773.png

In addition:

1590770929774.png

Attachments

• 1590770684928.png
    1590770684928.png
    111.8 KB · Views: 4
Anafi’s have been falling since the day they were released. Even on 1.6.3
So just as a test a few days ago, I decided to take my oldest battery (14 months) down to nearly zero to see what the Anafi would do. I brought it back over the landing pad at about 8% and let it hover. When it got down to 3% and was indicating one minute to autoland, I landed it. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. I never intentionally take the battery below 15% unless the drone is over a soft surface close by, but this test gives me a little more confidence. I may not need to be quite so conservative. I'm still running 1.6.3 and I may never change!

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Myself I actually run 1.6.1 which is way more stable, has better image quality not to mention around 25-30 minute hover time.

Well basically ask him if the Anafi batteries can do this.

The video is misleading ;-)
Autel needs the charger between battery and phone
The Anafi battery just need an USB-PD or USB-C to USB-C / micro cable

So in case d95gas ask the VP: Can the Anafi Battery do this from the video, a "non'' is literally right!
?

Last edited:
I can certainly add to the little list of questions, I shall be emailing Chris this weekend, so will pose the question and we can see what comes back (y)
If you are feeling really bold d95gas maybe you can also ask why support asks repeatedly week after week for flight logs when they are not possible to supply due incomplete flight or lost drone etc?
And if you want to wear out your welcome could you ask why it is taking so long to hear a resolution back on my two open warranty / trouble tickets:cry:

If you are feeling really bold d95gas maybe you can also ask why support asks repeatedly week after week for flight logs when they are not possible to supply due incomplete flight or lost drone etc?
And if you want to wear out your welcome could you ask why it is taking so long to hear a resolution back on my two open warranty / trouble tickets:cry:

That was one of the issues I documented when I first made contact with them, that their support people continually ask the same question over and over and ignore the answers we gave them. I also said about the support people who continually ask about the flight logs when they have already been told that the drone has gone down in the drink and cannot be recovered.

The response I got, was:

"We have recently made a comprehensive review of our support and service levels and as a result of this review defined and step by step started to implement a rigorous process improvement plan, this will be phased in over the next months and covers many elements of the support process."

Bear in mind we are all going through the COVID-19 issue, so we need to give them chance to get to full operational capability before they can implement the changes. But I will mention that still users are being asked the same question over and over.

Reactions: BRC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y