Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Flight Plan Part 2

Have you noticed that Automatic Progressive Course does not work for Anafi Flight Plans?

• Yep and that sucks

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • I hadn't noticed

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • That's why I still fly my Bebop 2

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • And we paid for flight plans!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score

Here I execute the flight plan created in the part 1 tutorial. My biggest surprise is that the Automatic Progressive Course feature does not work in Freeflight 6 for the Anafi! It's supposed to make each transition from waypoint to waypoint very smooth and unnoticeable, but it does not work.

Here's how it's supposed to work. It's a flight plan video of the Bebop 2:

Since the Anafi has been on the market for over a year now, I wonder if there's a chance Parrot will correct this in a firmware update?

Here I execute the flight plan created in the part 1 tutorial. My biggest surprise is that the Automatic Progressive Course feature does not work in Freeflight 6 for the Anafi! It's supposed to make each transition from waypoint to waypoint very smooth and unnoticeable, but it does not work.

Here's how it's supposed to work. It's a flight plan video of the Bebop 2:

Since the Anafi has been on the market for over a year now, I wonder if there's a chance Parrot will correct this in a firmware update?

A nice pair of videos you here have made, thank you.

FF6 Flight Plan cannot adjust camera smoot in vertical direction when two POIs have different heights. Unfortunately, it is another very big mistake in the Flight Plan. For the same reason, I use most of my old dinosaur of a DJI Phantom 4 Advance along with Litchi as the two can do all I need at Anafis Flight Plan without having to think much about how to make the plan for the camera. Then, unfortunately, I get a big problem with propeller shadows and must be careful not to fly too fast or fly when the wind is carrying too much.

Remember that your flight plans will disappear if you uninstall FF6, or they cannot be shared between 2 phones or tablets. There is Litchi also much better with their HUB.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Remember that your flight plans will disappear if you uninstall FF6, or they cannot be shared between 2 phones or tablets.
A good reason to copy them out of the phone to your computer on a regular basis. Then you can delete to older ones from the phone but still have them if you ever want to re-shoot them. That is how I copied mine from the old phone to the new one.

I had better luck with this Flight Plan. This one was shot at mostly the same altitude, no more than 20 feet plus from 80 feet, and zero camera angle adjustments. It had about 75 points mostly within 100 feet of each other or less. Although boring for anyone not associated with the project, it seems pretty smooth to me.

The only places it seems to pause slightly is where large changes in direction happen. On some of those 180 degree curves there were half a dozen points. This leads me to believe that small bearing changes will not cause pauses whereas anything beyond about 20-30 degrees will. More testing needed!

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
I had better luck with this Flight Plan. This one was shot at mostly the same altitude, no more than 20 feet plus from 80 feet, and zero camera angle adjustments. It had about 75 points mostly within 100 feet of each other or less. Although boring for anyone not associated with the project, it seems pretty smooth to me.

The only places it seems to pause slightly is where large changes in direction happen. On some of those 180 degree curves there were half a dozen points. This leads me to believe that small bearing changes will not cause pauses whereas anything beyond about 20-30 degrees will. More testing needed!

I see what you mean. I didn't notice any hesitations at all. This is how it performs in Freeflight Pro with the Bebop 2. It's mostly the reason why it stands out so much to me because I'm so used to how smooth it is with the prior generation.

Remember that your flight plans will disappear if you uninstall FF6, or they cannot be shared between 2 phones or tablets. There is Litchi also much better with their HUB.

You can copy the flight plans from a phone to a computer and back to the same or a different phone. It's easy. I copied my old flight plans to my new phone and they worked just fine.

You can also EDIT the flight plans to change the settings. Flight plans are a simple text file in .json format. Your phone will not let you input an altitude above 150 metres but if for some strange reason the flight plan contained a higher figure (because you edited it) the software and firmware will calculate how long it takes to fly to the higher altitude in exactly the same way it would if it was a value that you could input into your phone. All you need is one flight plan with one higher altitude on it on your phone, you can then copy this plan with its higher altitude waypoint and you can move that waypoint around to where you want it. You can create intermediate heights by selecting a point between the high waypoint and a lower waypoint. You may find that you don't want to use the highest possible altitude because it is scary, the higher you go the higher the wind speeds are, on average. Therefore some intermediate altitudes are better, so you can delete the excessively high altitude value. These intermediate points can also be saved and copied and dragged to wherever you wanted them. I am not sure whether this editing technique will allow you to create negative height waypoints also, but it might be worth experimenting with if you had an opportunity to fly down a hill. The Anafi does register negative heights when you manually fly down a slope so I expect you will be able to edit an altitude to be a negative altitude quite easily. The flight plan will NOT override an instruction that tells the Anafi to try to bury itself in the ground, so be careful!

If you modify things like this you are assuming full responsibility for your actions. There is nothing that will stop you attempting to fly illegal, irresponsible, impossible or plain stupid flight plans. Think it through very carefully and be prepared to abort if things start to wrong.

Rocky, what type of phone are you using: Android or IOS?

Cool....always good to be able to see your screen. Your footage looked like there were few to no pauses so I was wondering if the Flight Plan behavior might be different on different OS devices. I know that Gadget Inspector uses an iPhone (POI's are big squares..where as Android's POI's are round).

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame