Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Focus

geekdaddy

Reaction score
Since disassembling my Anafi to replace a broken leg, I've experienced some flights where the video is out of focus. Don't recall this ever happening prior to my repair.

Upon stopping the video and changing the video settings, the next video is clear. Doesn't seem to matter how I change the settings -- and can change them back to the original settings -- the video is fine again. Will do some additional testing but wondering if others have experienced out of focus video on their Anafi's and which SW or HW areas to check to improve it.

It may be vibration related from the new leg or installation.

Confirm the videos are blurred with the Anafi not flying (held in the hand maybe).

Seems like the initial video was blurred. Landed the anafi and stopped the video and held it to aim at misc near/far objects while holding it and all seemed clear (on my small cellphone display). Took off again and all was good. I'll keep checking this...

Seems like the initial video was blurred. Landed the anafi and stopped the video and held it to aim at misc near/far objects while holding it and all seemed clear (on my small cellphone display). Took off again and all was good. I'll keep checking this...
The leg was not broken by accident. This could damage the camera. If you did not touch the camera during disassembly, this may be the reason.
It is out of the question that the image is blurred due to some software thing.
The distance between the camera's image sensor and the lens is factory calibrated. If it collides and moves, it is out of focus.

Have completed a few more flights and video has been consistently clear on each of them. Uncertain why two of my initial flights after repairing had blurred videos (trust me, they were blurred) but all the other flights since then have been just fine. Will reply here if I encounter future problems and/or root-cause them.

Have completed a few more flights and video has been consistently clear on each of them. Uncertain why two of my initial flights after repairing had blurred videos (trust me, they were blurred) but all the other flights since then have been just fine. Will reply here if I encounter future problems and/or root-cause them.
In the event of a collision, the lens or sensor came loose and could move during repair. Take apart the camera and look under a magnifying glass at what has moved ...

Everything seems to be working fine. Video is clear, no additional noise or vibration. Seems very smooth, quiet, and stable. So I'll keep flying it and keep an eye on the video quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh