Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI FPV (or ANAFI Thermal) propeller guards ???

Gio

Reaction score
Dear Friends,
as you probably already know, the ordinary propeller guards for the “ordinary” ANAFI are not compatibile with the ANAFI FPV (or ANAFI Thermal) as the relevant legs are different.
Can you pls provide me link or email to a good and reliable ANAFI FPV (or ANAFI Thermal) propeller guards ?
[Unfortunately RMUS Parrot Anafi Thermal Propeller Guards are ONLY sold within USA :-((( ]
Many Thanks and best regards ? Giorgio

Dear Friends,
as you probably already know, the ordinary propeller guards for the “ordinary” ANAFI are not compatibile with the ANAFI FPV (or ANAFI Thermal) as the relevant legs are different.
Can you pls provide me link or email to a good and reliable ANAFI FPV (or ANAFI Thermal) propeller guards ?
[Unfortunately RMUS Parrot Anafi Thermal Propeller Guards are ONLY sold within USA :-((( ]
Many Thanks and best regards ? Giorgio
If you don’t have a 3D printer, look for someone near you who can print it for you.

Reactions: Gio
Many Thanks ! I really appreciate it !
:)
Moreover, as elasticity is the main requirement for propeller guards and - according to my limited experience - 3D prints are not .... very much elastic :)cry:) any other suggestion of ready made guards in plastic would be also highly appreciated ;)

If you don’t have a 3D printer, look for someone near you who can print it for you.

Why would you want propeller guards to be elastic? If they were any crash into a wall, for example, would bend the guard into the propeller.

3D prints can be made out of many different plastics. They range from hard and brittle through more ductile materials to fully flexible types.

Reactions: Metairieman55
My friend Ligier is right! My DJI Spark owes its integrity to the fact that when it crashed from a height of 90m, it was protected by propeller protectors I printed. They broke, but they protected the drone. PLA is flexible but actually slightly more fragile than PETG. PETG is strong and very flexible, just right for this purpose.
Find on Thingivers how many propeller protectors you can find for any type. If 3D printing weren't right, there wouldn't be so many of these ...
Believe me, I have been printing for 3 years now ...

Reactions: Liger 1956
Why would you want propeller guards to be elastic? If they were any crash into a wall, for example, would bend the guard into the propeller.

3D prints can be made out of many different plastics. They range from hard and brittle through more ductile materials to fully flexible types.

Many Thanks,
in my two previous experiences with 3D printed propeller guards, they both broke because the section that had to be deformed in order to be attached to the motors was too rigid ...
:-(
Therefore, they should be elastic enough but not too much ... :)
Could you pls specify exactly which material you would recommend ?

IMG_20180831_215104.jpg
This guards are made with PLA. Perfect functionality. The PETG more flexible, but not need

I have not used that particular brand but it appears from the data sheet to be PLA which is what Gispz Jakab suggested in post #8. I have found that PLA can be quite brittle, but others use it all the time, and I normally print in ABS although I do have some PETG. Your "3D Printer Man" could print one guard in the Alafapro and you could see how it fitted and felt.

Reactions: Gio
I have not used that particular brand but it appears from the data sheet to be PLA which is what Gispz Jakab suggested in post #8. I have found that PLA can be quite brittle, but others use it all the time, and I normally print in ABS although I do have some PETG. Your "3D Printer Man" could print one guard in the Alafapro and you could see how it fitted and felt.
Many Thanks again !(y):)?

Many Thanks again !(y):)?
Yes, the data sheet is about PLA plastic. You can see this in the picture as well. The propeller guard is hollow inside (I printed with a 20% fill) with a honeycomb fill, so since it is not 100% filled, it is flexible enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73