Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Free Flight App Display Question

Having numerous hours on rc aircraft,I dont run into orientation problems, but do wonder if the Anafi is outside the blue "cone",is it more susceptible to signal degradation/loss.

My opinion is yes, I believe that the TX antenna is directional and that using the Nav aid in the app to point the antenna face at the model will give you the best RF link performance at longer distances.

My opinion is yes, I believe that the TX antenna is directional and that using the Nav aid in the app to point the antenna face at the model will give you the best RF link performance at longer distances.
In theory, yes, at longer distances. However, I have had connection loss issues at only 200 feet downwind. I think it is something more. I am wondering if the cable from the controller to the phone is causing issues, in my case, at least.

I think the same thing. I have the impression that the signal is green when looking in the same direction as the drone
I would think so. Maybe it is simply an app issue when it should be displaying blue instead of red at times. I mean, if a person has the controller antenna facing the drone, it simply should not show red.

In theory, yes, at longer distances. However, I have had connection loss issues at only 200 feet downwind. I think it is something more. I am wondering if the cable from the controller to the phone is causing issues, in my case, at least.

I doubt if the TX cable has any effect on the RF link. I will say that I had many close distance disconnects in my dense urban area. Parrot support suggested that I switch to 5.8Ghz in the settings screen. Once I changed to 5.8, I haven't seen any more close disconnect issues.

It's worth a try!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut