Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi gimbal problem

Firefly

Reaction score
Hi folks! I apologize in advance for possible errors in the text (this is all a Google translator)), but I hope you understand the essence of the problem.
I bought a drone that was in use and had a non-working gimbal (I really wanted Anafi and decided to take a chance). The previous owner insisted that the problem appeared after updating the firmware, but later I noticed traces of the crash and now I think that the problem was caused by this factor.
So, after turning on, the drone tries to initialize and calibrate the gimbal (up and down in all directions), after it the gimbal is turned off, but the video signal works. The application displays an error - "something is blocking the camera." And most importantly (I tried to show it on the video) - sometimes the transmitted image crumbles and freezes, especially if physically move the camera. And also an important point - just a couple of times the gimbal suddenly came to life for a few seconds and then turned off.
I tried all the simple solutions - reset the settings and disassemble the drone and check all cable connections. Now my suspicion falls on the camera signal cable. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it possible to buy this cable separately? Because I couldn’t find it anywhere...
If anyone has thoughts on this subject, please write. And thank you for your attention!

why is there rubber band holding camera,can camera point forward without rubber band,if you grab anafi and move it up down,left right do you still get distortion on you screen or is it only when you tap camera with you finger...can you post another video of camera being calibrated so we can see if there is anything strange

I have a similar problem.
It starts to calibrate, complaining about 'make sure nothing blocks the cam', and after hangs "dead" slightly sideways.
Every now and then it moves a bit, short, like trying to calibrate again but nothing
No reaction on remote input with the gimbal.
Just the frame in the picture moves a bit , in case I push the camera button up/down

And my one fell down!

Out of that experience, I 'd say look / check the end of the batteries for chrash signs
Mine at least hit the ground with the battery end first!

Reactions: Firefly
why is there rubber band holding camera,can camera point forward without rubber band, if you grab anafi and move it up down,left right do you still get distortion on you screen or is it only when you tap camera with you finger...can you post another video of camera being calibrated so we can see if there is anything strange

No, the gimbal does not work, it turns off immediately after initialization (exactly as described by Ana789 below). I use rubber band to align the camera horizontally so that I can somehow shoot). Of course, I checked the gimbal without rubber band, and I tried to describe its behavior in the text. Without gum everything looks the same way.

Ana789,
Everything is exactly as you described.
I have an extended version, so I have 3 batteries. One is really with traces of the fall (dents, but without cracks), but I tried to launch the drone with all three, there is no difference ...
In any case, thanks for the help.

If you haven’t already done so try reseating the multi-wire cable that feeds the gimbal. Be careful doing this as it is a delicate assembly.

One of the ways the gimbal works is that the control board expects to receive a feedback signal for every movement or correction it makes. If no movement is recognised it assumes the gimbal might be blocked and effectively disconnects the motor’s power to prevent damage.

As for the video freezing this could be associated with the gimbal issue or that your mobile device is not up to the task of processing the live video stream. It could be worth trying another mobile device just to make sure.

Nidge.

bonjour, j'ai un problème sur mon perroquet anafi. Je viens de changer le cardan, il fait son calibrage vertical mais il ne fait pas l'horizontale, et il marque, vérifie que rien n'interfère avec la caméra. ah également impossible de contrôler la caméra et aucune stabilisation disponible.
quelqu'un peut m'aider s'il vous plaît.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320