Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi gimbal replacement

Hell
Hello, I have the exact same problem as misiekthepilot desribed in this post, but I cannot afford to buy another gimball (at least for now) and of course, I need the anafi to be working asap (by the end of the week actually, to take picture and film of an house I have to sell) and will have to mend it myself .. or at least try to.

I found your thread, read your posts, that are very intersesting (thank you for them), but, it's unclear to me if the gimbal can be removed from the Anafi without having to disassemble the whole drone (or most of it). For instance, I don't see the point to remove the legs (as shown in the Parrot's youtube video)..
Could you tell me (I would like to disassemble as less thing as possible to avoid creating new problem with the drone)?

Ps: the camera works fine, the motors too, but the camera housing hit its support when the drone initialize because of the bent L bracket
Hello Jaya,

Sorry to hear of the bent L bracket, that’s an odd damaged area.

If the camera can move up/down freely with your hand having no restrictions, it may be the tilt/ribbon connection disconnected.

Or, When the L-bracket bent that may be binding the tilt motor assembly.

If the camera moves freely by hand, Remove the side tilt/ribbon cover, this will give you access to the tilt/ribbon connection.

Please keep us posted, and yes it’s possible to just replace the L-bracket. But try to straighten it out first, and check the tilt/ribbon connection after removing the side tilt-ribbon cover.

Plus, worst case sinearo. You can replace the bent arm area but make sure the original camera board is remounted in the replacement Gimbal assembly, so both camera board and mother board are pared.

Please keep us posted,

Paul

84798A74-E6B0-4AE5-A8B3-6ABFCCABBCCC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello, I have the exact same problem as misiekthepilot desribed in this post, but I cannot afford to buy another gimball (at least for now) and of course, I need the anafi to be working asap (by the end of the week actually, to take picture and film of an house I have to sell) and will have to mend it myself .. or at least try to.

I found your thread, read your posts, that are very intersesting (thank you for them), but, it's unclear to me if the gimbal can be removed from the Anafi without having to disassemble the whole drone (or most of it). For instance, I don't see the point to remove the legs (as shown in the Parrot's youtube video)..
Could you tell me (I would like to disassemble as less thing as possible to avoid creating new problem with the drone)?

Ps: the camera works fine, the motors too, but the camera housing hit its support when the drone initialize because of the bent L bracket

Hi Jaya. I'm glad you've found this thread useful. Official Parrot disassembly video doesn't cover the gimbal replacement. If you want to disassemble the gimbal, you need to have the access to motherboard and motor connector board (green one). You need to pin out ribbon cable and live feed cable. You don't have to remove the legs. Unscrew drone's bottom cover to get access to both boards.

For now I don't have much time to repair the drone. I will definitely try to fix it, but not now :)

Hell
Hello Jaya,

If the camera can move up/down freely with your hand having no restrictions, it may be the tilt/ribbon connection disconnected.

If the camera moves freely by hand, Remove the side tilt/ribbon cover, this will give you access to the tilt/ribbon connection.

Please keep us posted, and yes it’s possible to just replace the L-bracket. But try to straighten it out first, and check the tilt/ribbon connection after removing the side tilt-ribbon cover.

Plus, worst case sinearo. You can replace the bent arm area but make sure the original camera board is remounted in the replacement Gimbal assembly, so both camera board and mother board are pared.

Please keep us posted,

Paul

View attachment 2261

Honestly, it's unlikely to straighten it out. I tried to. Unfortunately it's not plastic, but an aluminium alloy.

Unfortunately aluminium alloy can work harden when it is bent and will snap when you try to bend it straight as I know from my motorcycling days of trying to straighten brake and clutch levers after an "off". If you can remove it completely then it may be possible to heat it up and then straighten it or you may find somebody to 3D print a replacement. I could have a go at it but I am unwilling to dismantle my working Anafi!

Hello Waldo Pepper , Hello misiekthepilot, Hello Liger 1956,
Thank you all for your answers.

@Waldo Pepper ,
When switching on the anafi, the camera starts to move, but it is immediatly stopped by its casing because it touches L bracket (at the bottom) - the initialisation stop.
I am afraid I have either to unbend it or replace it (even if I am afraid of damaging something else :-( )

@misiekthepilot :
Great information :)
But, I may will be able to disassemble the Anafi since I have been told that my insurance can pay for the damages! (but 135€ I still will have to pay).

@Liger 1956
Actually, that was my initial idea, disassemble the L bracket to heat it and unbend it - but because of the above, I may avoid this.

Writing this answer made me think that, actually, my problem (apart the bent L bracket) is the housing of the camera (that hit the bracket) - maybe I could remove it (and only it) so the camera will move freely.. the camera will be unprotected but I'll be able to take the pictures I need this week end.
Do you think it's a good idea?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Hello Waldo Pepper , Hello misiekthepilot, Hello Liger 1956,
Thank you all for your answers.

@Waldo Pepper ,
When switching on the anafi, the camera starts to move, but it is immediatly stopped by its casing because it touches L bracket (at the bottom) - the initialisation stop.
I am afraid I have either to unbend it or replace it (even if I am afraid of damaging something else :-( )

@misiekthepilot :
Great information :)
But, I may will be able to disassemble the Anafi since I have been told that my insurance can pay for the damages! (but 135€ I still will have to pay).

@Liger 1956
Actually, that was my initial idea, disassemble the L bracket to heat it and unbend it - but because of the above, I may avoid this.

Writing this answer made me think that, actually, my problem (apart the bent L bracket) is the housing of the camera (that hit the bracket) - maybe I could remove it (and only it) so the camera will move freely.. the camera will be unprotected but I'll be able to take the pictures I need this week end.
Do you think it's a good idea?

Hello Jaya,

That will work, temporary remove the cameras white housing that’s rubbing against the bent L-arm to take pictures or video. You may need to tape the harness were it bends over the side.

I was going over a spare gimbal assembly, as fragile the tilt ribbon is (easy to tear). If it’s working decent enough without the white housing, try not to replace or straighten the bent L-arm. And fly without the cameras white housing going forward, avoid rain. You can always use the level feature to adjust if pictures tend to be lower on one side.

It’s so easy to tear these ribbons, as I mentioned above if it’s working decent without cameras white housing stop there and enjoy the Anafi.

Good luck, hope all works out for you.
Paul

Last edited:
Hello,
I have removed the housing of the camera, and it works like a charm :) I'll be able to make the pictures & films I have to do this weekend then send the anafi to Parrot.
Thanks for your advices and help :)
Best regards
Jaya

Hello,
I have removed the housing of the camera, and it works like a charm :) I'll be able to make the pictures & films I have to do this weekend then send the anafi to Parrot.
Thanks for your advices and help :)
Best regards
Jaya
That’s great! Glad to hear it’s working without the white split housing ?

Paul

hello , I try to change just the camera and put it on the gimbal , the gimbal move when anafi initialise but on the app the camera is red ..... I ask to parrot why do they do this and if they can do an update to solve this paring problem , i'm waiting for a response ... there is a qr code on the L backet and the camera....
i have just to change the L bracket '(it is broken)but how to move ball-bearings from axes ? Is there anybody who do this ?20190819_213103.jpg

Last edited:
It is defenitivly impossible to change electronic parts....

Attachments

• 20190822_210141.jpg
    20190822_210141.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 75
[QUOTE = "misiekthepilot, post: 19075, membro: 3018"]
Per chiarire alcune cose:
1. Ho provato a prendere il cavo di alimentazione dal vivo, i nastri e la videocamera dal mio gimbal e posizionarlo sulla staffa a L del gimbal acquistato, ma non ha funzionato - nessun feed dal vivo, il gimbal funzionava in modo anomalo (movimenti molto strani, nessun successo calibrazione), credo che sia stato un pezzo rotto sfortunatamente.

2. Quindi ho provato a scambiare il cavo di alimentazione dal vivo, il cavo a nastro e la videocamera dal gimbal acquistato alla mia staffa a L piegata, ma che non ha funzionato neanche - nessun movimento del gimbal, nessun feed dalla videocamera in questo caso.

3. Infine ho provato a riportare lo stato iniziale (la mia staffa cardanica con tutte le parti del mio drone), ma ora ho un nuovo problema con il feed live. Il giunto cardanico si calibra correttamente (senza involucro bianco, solo fotocamera nuda), ma lo schermo è vuoto come mostrato nella schermata. Peccato perché sia il gimbal che la fotocamera funzionavano bene prima di tutte quelle operazioni, ma ora solo il gimbal funziona correttamente ...

conclusioni:
Penso che in caso di acquisto di un pezzo cardanico funzionante, lo scambio di parti dal drone in esso risolverà il problema. Sfortunatamente devo averne acquistato uno rotto ... Ora non so davvero come gestire la situazione attuale - il set originale non fornisce alimentazione live, quindi probabilmente il cavo di alimentazione live è rotto o piuttosto pin del cavo o pin-out della scheda madre è stato allentato. Solo che non lo so ... l'unica cosa che mi viene in mente è comprare un altro gimbal da eBay, sperando che questa volta non sia rotto. Penso che inviare il drone al servizio ufficiale in Francia (perché in Polonia non esiste un servizio ufficiale (sic!)) Non è un'opzione, perché mi costerà un bel soldo ... L'ultima opzione è solo per dire addio, venderlo per pezzi di ricambio e acquista Mavic Air.
[/CITAZIONE]
[QUOTE = "Waldo Pepper, post: 19066, membro: 301"]
Se possibile, sostituire la fotocamera incassata con la fotocamera originale accoppiata con la scheda madre originale. Penso che il tuo problema sia che la fotocamera acquistata di recente non è accoppiata con la scheda madre originale.

Ma utilizzare i nastri e le videocamere dal vivo alimentando il gruppo videocamera / giunto cardanico perseguitato.

Se l'inclinazione e lo stabilizzatore funzionano, allora tutti i nastri sono buoni. Se la videocamera non funziona, il problema è il cablaggio dell'alimentazione dal vivo della videocamera. Pubblicherà una foto che mostra il cablaggio dell'alimentazione dal vivo delle telecamere.

Per favore, tienici aggiornati,
Paolo

View attachment 2162
[/CITAZIONE]
Fareve lhai comprata????

Hell
Hello Jaya,

Per favore, tienici aggiornati,

Paolo

View attachment 2261
[/CITAZIONE]
Questo braccio a L dove lo posso trovare???

Guys I wanted to ask if this is normal or shall I remove it? Because as soon I put back the front cover it won't work.. any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_155212__01.jpg
    IMG_20191014_155212__01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65

Hello Jaya,
Can you tell me how you have solved this problem? I have exactly the same after a crash.
Thank you very much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut