Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi gimbal shuddering during calibration

*inspiring quote*

Reaction score
Hey all, got a problem with my gimbal.

To begin with it wouldn't initialize properly; it would do the possessed dance thing but then go limp and face downwards.
I fixed that by reducing the tension on the main video feed cable so that there was no feeling of obstruction whatsoever when I rolled the camera back and forth manually. I suppose it thought that there was something in the way before that.

Anyhow, it now initializes and goes to the correct default position but when I try to perform a gimbal calibration, it does the first few movements but then returns to the default position and the tilt motor (I think it's that one, and not the roll motor) starts grinding. It makes this noise like it's trying to move (but it's not moving) and the whole gimbal/camera unit starts vibrating.

Thoughts, suggestions, help?

I have this problem too. After I removed the camera from the gimbal, and put it back. I think the cable is wrong somewhere. Have you solved this problem?

From 6months ago I think he's probably moved on. . .
Never know, these Anafi's been around a few years and will be several more so the issues are bound to repeat themselves. People like myself are periodically reading through all the topics for potential new remedies and ideas on any and all issues.

Reactions: 70Falcon and BRC
i solved this problem. The cable was wrong. I disassembled the camera body again, and put the cable correctly. After that, the camera is calibrated

Reactions: 70Falcon and BRC
i solved this problem. The cable was wrong. I disassembled the camera body again, and put the cable correctly. After that, the camera is calibrated
Hi, is there a video that i can follow to dissassembled my camera body? I've having an issue with my gimbal calibration, it is not letting me to calibrate. cheers

Hi, is there a video that i can follow to dissassembled my camera body? I've having an issue with my gimbal calibration, it is not letting me to calibrate. cheers
if you want to disassemble the camera body itself, then there is nothing complicated. There are 4 screws, and the case is divided into two parts.

if you want to disassemble the camera body itself, then there is nothing complicated. There are 4 screws, and the case is divided into two parts.
Is it this the cable you removed? If yes, how did you disconnected it? Sorry i'm not too good with assembling/dissasembling stuff. I just want to make sure that I do not break anything in the process. thanks

pic.JPG

Yes, this connector. It comes off easily. But the problem was not in it, but in the flexible cable. It was laid incorrectly and did not allow the camera to rotate to the end. Because of this, the camera could not be calibrated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut