Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi got destroyed today. Fell out of the sky without warning.

Does that mean there is a big problem with the 1.2.4 version.
or what the yours used version?

Oh... I should have red it before. I just updated to 1.2.4 today

I had a similar failure with my old bebop 1. I investigated Youtube and saw that after the launch, if the bebop's were flying let's say 0 to 10 m high but over something lower than the altitude of the launch, there were many many crashes occuring some seconds later.
This is what happened to me
I never had any trouble with my bebop before. But it was the first time that I was flying in such conditions.

It is strange that crashes occur years later with the Anafi under the same circumstances

I am afraid. 2 years ago I bought the Mavic Pro because I did not trust Parrot anymore, and had 0 problem in any conditions.
I juste bought an Anafi and hummmm...

I had a catastrophic failure of my Anafi.

All software and firmware at their latest versions.

Flight Log:
http://paragon.media.storage.s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/misc/AnafiCrashLog/log.bin

Photo Gallery:
Parrot Anafi Crash - fuzzybabybunny

Wind was only about 8-10 knots or less. It took off 2 meters away from me from a very very long pier in a tiny town far away from any kind of WiFi interference. I was using the Parrot remote controller plus my Samsung S9+. The water was about 2 meters below the pier. Battery was full on both controller and drone.

Before taking off I set the Anafi to Follow Me mode and it locked on. Both Anafi and phone had GPS lock. I wanted it to follow behind me as I walked along the pier. It launched, I set the flight height to clear all obstructions and the path to follow along the wooden walkway of the pier, and suddenly without warning the drone drifted a little to the side and just dropped out of the sky.

It fell onto some stairs (in the photo), broke an arm, and went into the salt water.

I'm hoping that this is a valid warranty claim. It's only a month old and not due to any kind of pilot error - there were absolutely no obstructions as it was flying high enough to easily clear anything on the pier. The motors simply shut off mid-flight.

What do you guys think?

I updated to Firmware 1.2.4 Thursday and had two perfect flights. On my 3rd flight after update I had the drone hovering at 70 feet when it fell out of the sky like a rock.

Someone just posted this one on facebook. He was doing a Pix4D with it and it dropped straight down and stuck into the dirt :eek:

46514020_10218367324876725_1134116260884250624_n.jpg

Someone just posted this one on facebook. He was doing a Pix4D with it and it dropped straight down and stuck into the dirt :eek:

View attachment 526
Interesting!

Especially so since the LED is lit, which would indicate that the machine was still powered up. There does not seem to be any obvious structural damage evident from the view shown. The camera appears to be aligned. The prop blades that are visible do not seem to be damaged...

Interesting!

Especially so since the LED is lit, which would indicate that the machine was still powered up. There does not seem to be any obvious structural damage evident from the view shown. The camera appears to be aligned. The prop blades that are visible do not seem to be damaged...

Actually this presents an interesting issue with the Anafi - the camera should be pointing level - not looking up..

This to me, with the anafi still powered and no warning lights, it seems either software or the whole drone has crashed (like a blue screen error of death with Windows) style and its paralysed..

Parrot need to fix this asap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking