Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi has added Broadcast DRI to ID the drone? Anyone know how it works

tlyons

Reaction score
After the recent FF6 update I noticed a control for "Broadcast DRI" under the settings then network. I know DRI is "Direct Remote Identification" and the "learn more" underneath the settings says the drone will locally broadcast the ID number.

Does anyone know the technical details of how this works? Is there some way I can see and check the broadcast myself?

Thanks!
Tim

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
After the recent FF6 update I noticed a control for "Broadcast DRI" under the settings then network. I know DRI is "Direct Remote Identification" and the "learn more" underneath the settings says the drone will locally broadcast the ID number.

Does anyone know the technical details of how this works? Is there some way I can see and check the broadcast myself?

Thanks!
Tim
If it’s like a DJI system, it broadcasts not only the ID continuously, but also its current position and homepoint coordinates. This allows the authorities (and whoever owns the device needed to receive it) to keep an eye on where and where he is flying, and going to the hompoint can also catch the pilot.

If it’s like a DJI system, it broadcasts not only the ID continuously, but also its current position and homepoint coordinates. This allows the authorities (and whoever owns the device needed to receive it) to keep an eye on where and where he is flying, and going to the hompoint can also catch the pilot.

The question I have is how exactly is the Anafi signal implemented? It looks like the DJI system is using Wifi Aware ( Wi-Fi Aware: What's It About, And How Can You Use It? DJI Demonstrates Direct Drone-To-Phone Remote Identification) but I cannot find anywhere that is documented or described.
I was hoping I could turn on Broadcast DRI and see it with something like the DJI app.
Unfortunately, all my phones and tablets fail the Wifi Aware check from the WifiAwareChecker app (WiFi Aware Checker - Apps on Google Play ) so it appears I don't anything that is Wifi Aware.

As near as I can tell, DJI never actually published the "Drone to
Phone" app shown in a variety of announcement videos so I am wondering if it is all vaporware.
Also as near as I can tell, Parrot hasn't described their version of DRI or if it is really the same as the DJI vaporware.

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
The question I have is how exactly is the Anafi signal implemented? It looks like the DJI system is using Wifi Aware ( Wi-Fi Aware: What's It About, And How Can You Use It? DJI Demonstrates Direct Drone-To-Phone Remote Identification) but I cannot find anywhere that is documented or described.
I was hoping I could turn on Broadcast DRI and see it with something like the DJI app.
Unfortunately, all my phones and tablets fail the Wifi Aware check from the WifiAwareChecker app (WiFi Aware Checker - Apps on Google Play ) so it appears I don't anything that is Wifi Aware.

As near as I can tell, DJI never actually published the "Drone to
Phone" app shown in a variety of announcement videos so I am wondering if it is all vaporware.
Also as near as I can tell, Parrot hasn't described their version of DRI or if it is really the same as the DJI vaporware.
Although the DJI announced that the drone would be visible to anyone from phones, it was ultimately not introduced due to the huge outrage.
Many have argued that if anyone can see the type, location, and home point of the drone, thieves can easily find the pilot and take his expensive drone.
I am personally concerned that my drone is broadcasting your data in a way that others can see. Will there be only a small step and control from here?

I've discovered under the latest FF6 that I can't alter ANY network settings including DRI. Do I have to be connected to Anafi to do so?

I've discovered under the latest FF6 that I can't alter ANY network settings including DRI. Do I have to be connected to Anafi to do so?
I think you do have to be connected to the drone to alter the DRI, let me know what info you use to put in that spot.

You have to be connectd to ther drone for free flight to be able to open that part of the app. Does anyone know what Numbers we are to put into the DRI box? Do we put the FAA registration number in there? It also is looking for a 3-4 digit code? Any idea what does into that smaller box? If anyone has successfully activated the DRI, I would like to know how to proceed.

Thanks for that information. Has anyone been in touch with Parrot to see if they may be looking at getting out 4K drones compliant or have they left the chat? I am a new Parrot Anafi owner and haven;t been able to get in touch with them. phone numbers all seem dead ended.

Thanks for that information. Has anyone been in touch with Parrot to see if they may be looking at getting out 4K drones compliant or have they left the chat? I am a new Parrot Anafi owner and haven;t been able to get in touch with them. phone numbers all seem dead ended.
The Anafi DRI seems to be based on French regulations:
In this paper:
... a DRI communication with Anafi is shown.

Last edited:
I believe quite a bit of information is available to the public. Launch location. ie" where the controller is as well as where the drone's location is....

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket ID device as of yet? looking for options and as small as possible as the Anafi is not a large drone so wanting to keep the weight down on it.

Has anyone purchased an aftermarket ID device as of yet? looking for options and as small as possible as the Anafi is not a large drone so wanting to keep the weight down on it.
Anafi is able to send ID itself.
What are you looking for?

Has anyone been able to activate the remote ID on Free Flight on a Parrot Anafi 4K or is it a no go?

Has anyone been able to activate the remote ID on Free Flight on a Parrot Anafi 4K or is it a no go?
I hope Parrot is able to add RID in patch in 3 months all current modules available are too heavy. About 3 months to go. Heck make your own modules Parrot.

Last edited:
You'll need a French registration number for Anafi's DRI function.
Because Parrot doesn't support the Anafi any more, they will probably not work on a FAA or other standard compatible version, but the hardware should be able.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame