Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi in the Alps

Randykevans

Reaction score

After 37 years, I finally did something nice for my parents and took them on a trip through the Alps. This is some of the stuff we saw. The Anafi performed quite well in a range of different situations and altitudes, even in light rain. Really happy with the drone overall even though it's my first one. A very happy pilot so far!

Shot in 4k 24fps P-Log and graded in DaVinci Resolve.

Yes! As others have already said, fantastic video and editing. Great music too. This is one of those rare videos where you'd like it to go on for longer, it's so good :)

Reactions: Randykevans
One of the neat things about this is that the cuts precisely match the music....I know how much time that takes to achieve!

Makes me homesick for Switzerland and I haven't felt that way for 50 years!

Reactions: Randykevans
Thank you so much for your kind words everyone!

Very nice video. What parts of the Alps were those?
We traveled through Switzerland, Italy, France, Austria, and just dipped into Germany and Liechtenstein quickly. We spent the most of our time in Switzerland and Italy however. My parents are 72 and were not up for much hiking so a lot of the stuff in the video can be seen relatively easily from the road and flying from there. Or taking a gondola ride up to a scenic spot and flying from there. Those produced the most powerful images by far. Getting up high and then flying that drone even higher! It was quite incredible seeing how strong the WIFI and GPS signals are when you have nothing in front of you versus being on the ground.

I just record all the time (apart from when taking stills) and keep almost all I record. Most of my flights involve flying until the battery is ready to be recharged. I suppose things can be different when you are a tourist and there is so much stunning scenery to shoot. I guess I would do several three or four-minute flights per battery instead.
I have recently bought a big hard drive. When I first got this PC I thought 3TB would be a bottomless pit I could never fill up. But then I got a drone. I have now bought a 6TB external hard drive. My video and stills for July are now up to 158 GB, and I don't record in 4K!
The other advantage of recording all the time is that you can capture unexpected fly-bys by birds which can transform a relatively boring video into something special.

After 37 years, I finally did something nice for my parents and took them on a trip through the Alps. This is some of the stuff we saw. The Anafi performed quite well in a range of different situations and altitudes, even in light rain. Really happy with the drone overall even though it's my first one. A very happy pilot so far!

Shot in 4k 24fps P-Log and graded in DaVinci Resolve.

Really nice footage. This proves that the Anfai can keep up very well with DJI. :)

Question: Did you use ND filter?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut