Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi lost in the woods, did not return from a mission

Who knows maybe it ended up in a tree and the next wind storm could knock it loose, miracles do happen
I think you purchased in January of 2020 - you might open a warranty claim with parrot as a lost drone - again miracles do happen
Best of luck

That's a good suggestion, but I looked at the current "Used - Good" items on amazon.co.uk and they have "Medium (less than 1" x 1") cosmetic imperfection on the front of the item."
What does that mean I wonder, the front of the item is where the camera is. Is it a gamble what you will receive if you order such item, since there are no actual photos?
"Medium cosmetic ..." should be some scratch/es, but not on the lense, at least.
Funcionality should not be in question.
But in case it is: send it back!

Actually I will spend some time on research before buying a dji drone.
I had, and I intend to always fly legally, but dji provides DJI Aeroscope with which your flight and your location can be monitored in real time, and it is possible to interfere with the flight. This is useful against criminal drones but I always fly legally and I would like to have my flights private.
Get an DJI made in 2019, best before summer?

I updated to the latest software/ firnware and also the batteries updates showed up so I did that too. Then I made a successful mission, 120m height. That was my 99th flight. The sceenshot with the graphs is from this mission.

So, I decided to try another mission in different direction, but 65 meters high and lost signal in the 1/3 flight. The red mark is where the signal was lost. It was in the woods and bushes, hard to reach area, but I searched for it. I also looked for it on the route and noticed a lot of high power poles and wires.
My advice to anyone making missions to actually inspect/know the area where they pkan the missions.
In the end of the day I was not able to find the my Anafi.
So now I have the rest of the combo, batts and remote, what are my options buying just a drone?
just as an fyi...
n the US Best Buy and Amazon have a sale going on for new Anafi's -$499 for base & $599 extended - probably due to Memorial Day Holiday

just as an fyi...
n the US Best Buy and Amazon have a sale going on for new Anafi's -$499 for base & $599 extended - probably due to Memorial Day Holiday
That's very cool, thanks, but I live in EU. Right now amazon.co.uk sells the Anafi new for 731 GBP which is 768$.
They also sell used Anafis for 452GBP=550$ (with scratches here and there). How come in the States brand new is 50$ cheaper? :)

People like to dream. ;)

1) they were hiring people on a 6 month contract starting April to create a launch campaign for a new product
2) Parrot said Anafi will be their platform for the future
3) Parrot stated that they will continue to develop products for media creation

this means there will be a new Anafi this year

Reactions: Regling
And a few months later they show cased their US Army version they have a contract for that is based off the Anafi so without guessing we can see where they plan on putting their resources. R&D is not cheap, they will go to the highest paying customer and thats not me or you.

And a few months later they show cased their US Army version they have a contract for that is based off the Anafi so without guessing we can see where they plan on putting their resources. R&D is not cheap, they will go to the highest paying customer and thats not me or you.

so you are saying they left the consumer market and will not introduce a new camera-Anafi this year?

so you are saying they left the consumer market and will not introduce a new camera-Anafi this year?
No I did not say they left the consumer market, but yes I do not think they will have any new Anafi's this year. I would think since they were not doing to well financially before this pandemic they might wait to see how they survive the market and maybe produce a new consumer UAV next year in the second or 3rd quarter.
Thats what my crystal ball said ;)

Even if there is a new model, I doubt they will add anything radically new as e.g. 3 way stabised gimbal.

Yes I agree due to their (Parrot) limited resources I would think what ever they bring out will be sold and marketed under the new UAV laws coming due in 2021, and they would want to have the new drone sold with the new CE category for UAV's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking