Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi motherboard paired with camera/gimbal misconceptions

Yes, it is a pity!
I fixed my drone after un crash of 10m high right on rocks, I changed the motherboard and the lower body part.
The stupid thing about this story is that I have a potentially fully functional drone, fixed after an impressive crash, that I won't be able to use just because of a simple calibration issue!

Hi everybody, i found this subject while trying to understand why my gimbal did not work after a motherboard replacement.
I got the following reply from Parrot :

Hi Frédéric,

This is Alex from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1489857, concerning your Parrot Anafi.

Please note that when replacing the Motherboard it requires a special firmware that is not released to public to calibrate the Gimball and motor controller with the New board.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,
Alex S.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).
Hello, it will not only just for calibration and this new camera or mainboard required for serial part number matching together through this firmware re-programming process. If you can hack into Anafi's Linux OS system, you may find the actual answer what I have said here.

that's how Parrot doesn't let our fallen birds fly. It is a pity that you cannot get this firmware. I already have two drones just lying there

I may not of had a come back on the two motor controller boards doesn’t mean they worked. I’ve sold cameras and gimbals separately of which I got good feedback on...
The camera and gimbal are not connect in circuit in anyway only connected by plastic and screws. They are a separate entity so to speak.
The gimbal connects to the motor controller board.
The Camera connects to the main motherboard.
Both these can be interchanged on any boards, that’s the fact I found.. They work on any drone..
The gimbal will not function correctly if the main board and motor controller board aren’t from the same drone...
I’ve tried to make it a simple as possible.
I have swapped extensively
3 motor controller boards
4 motherboards
2 cameras
3 gimbals
I am now very comfortable to only sell these two boards together, gimbals and cameras will sell separately as usual.
TBH I’ve not seen any posts of just changing the motor board being ok not saying there isn’t but my experiment says it wouldn’t work
I can certify your findings here as I too swaped the ESC motor board but the symptom remains the same. The blue LED light in dim condition and the cooling fan operates. There is no calibration of the gimbal during boot.

Nekem is van két anafim. Vettem már 3 kamerát gimbalokkal együtt, kicseréltem, de csak a kamera képe jó, ráérek. Kár, hogy olyan nehéz megjavítani őket. Már egy éve a dobozban hever, és a Papagáj csak növeli az elvesztett időt és a bosszúságomat.
)
)I'm sorry that you can't get a cable separately like other great brands. I don't know how you can afford such a luxury, that it is losing fans of the type one after another. the camp.

Hi everybody, i found this subject while trying to understand why my gimbal did not work after a motherboard replacement.

Hi Frédéric,

This is Alex from Parrot support team and I am happy to be helping with your case # 1489857, concerning your Parrot Anafi.

Please note that when replacing the Motherboard it requires a special firmware that is not released to public to calibrate the Gimball and motor controller with the New board.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Kind Regards,
Alex S.
Parrot Customer Support

To ensure we receive your response, please do not modify any formatting or content of the original message (including any reference codes or footers).
I kindly ask if you have had a chance to elaborate on this special firmware.

Hi Frédéric,

Kind Regards,
Alex S.
Parrot Customer Support

what is the price for something like this.. to match the two (motherboard and motor controler)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh