Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Night & Sunrises Flights

Ghostyuk

Reaction score
Hi all , I am looking for feedback regarding how this Drone handle night flight and filming
On some of my past post you will see I am newish to flying and sadily I am a bit ODC , when it comes to gadgets .My last drone I got for learning was a 4k Breeze and it was unstable for night flights and sunsets I spent more time setting the camera up ( exposure ,contrast ect ) unless you had the sunlight in the right direction the drone ,filming would end up being poor . Now to see the drone was a nightmare even at sunrise with adding some small led lights to the landing legs helped , so my question are .

1. How dose this handle dawn to dusk photos and filming
2. How visible is the anafi
3. Night flight with natural surrounding lights ,
4. Do the led lights on the drone standout as in you know which way its facing

Once again boys and girls thank you for all your wonderful posting

Night flying is where the Anafi falls down. For flying at night I will choose my DJI Spark over the Anafi, but only for flying at night. The problem with the Anafi is it only has one light which, when it is dark BLINKS REALLY BRIGHT which destroys your night vision.
There is only the one light so it can't help you much in telling you which way the drone is facing. While it is not impossible to fly the Anafi at night it is harder to fly in the dark than its rivals.

The best suggestion I can offer for flying the Anafi at night is to fly a Flight Plan that you have previously flown in daylight.

Hi RS,

That's perfect feedback I wouldn't of thought of doing that ,do you know what the photos and videos footage come out like at night ?

Hi RS,

That's perfect feedback I wouldn't of thought of doing that ,do you know what the photos and videos footage come out like at night ?
Twilight is fine. I haven't flown the Anafi in really dark conditions. mainly because I have found the Spark makes me much less afraid of losing it than the Anafi does.

This is a video I made about flying the Spark in rural winter darkness:-

When autumn comes around again and my daylight flying opportunities fade I will probably investigate ways to add extra LED lights to the Anafi to make it more visible. I did buy some luminous tape which I added to the Spark, it wasn't a complete disaster. It made it slightly easier to see the drone when it was taking off and (to a lesser extent because they fade fast) landing. The lights on drones work quite well to allow you to see where they are, but seeing which way they are pointed is really hard. That is why I think that pre-flown flight plans would be the way to go. Use a short plan, don't go too far, and don't program the gimbal position with points of interest so you can respond to what you can actually see rather than what you hope you might be able to see.

You can save your flight plans off your phone and put them back again later. This I discovered when I upgraded my phone. You could fly a route in the summer and then save that flight plan on your computer and stick it back in your phone in the darker months. Flying the same short flight plan at different times of day, different seasons and different weather is probably a good idea, just be aware that trees grow...

Reactions: Dsrt Drgnfly7
Hi Rs
Right I see what you are saying that's good to know you can save flight plans, can they be save to a intern sd card as I dont have a phone I use a tablet for every day use , but you certainly given me brilliant advice I didn't know the software apps allow you to do this . Is this common with drones now this gives me a lot more scope to work with as I can store them up .

Thank you (y)

.....can they be save to a internal sd card as I don't have a phone I use a tablet for every day use? ....
I don't think they can be saved to the SD card, but I do think they can be saved to the tablet...after all, that is what is running FF6. You are running FF6 on the tablet for FP video? They don't take up much space so you could store hundreds. That might present a problem when trying to find the one you are thinking of! I haven't yet figured how to transfer them back an forth as I only have two.

As far as flying in really dark conditions unless you are looking at something lit up, I doubt if the Anafi would register it....you would need an IR drone.....heh, like the thermal!

I don't think they can be saved to the SD card, but I do think they can be saved to the tablet...after all, that is what is running FF6. You are running FF6 on the tablet for FP video? They don't take up much space so you could store hundreds. That might present a problem when trying to find the one you are thinking of! I haven't yet figured how to transfer them back an forth as I only have two.

As far as flying in really dark conditions unless you are looking at something lit up, I doubt if the Anafi would register it....you would need an IR drone.....heh, like the thermal!

Hi rocky ,many thanks

Ever since the last update...( not the one just this last week but the previous one), there is a folder copied to the FreeFlight 6 folder on the phone called "Flight Plan" that is what you want to save/copy to keep or transfer your flight plans
Hi JMB brilliant stuff thank you i will indeed make a note of this (y)

Ever since the last update...( not the one just this last week but the previous one), there is a folder copied to the FreeFlight 6 folder on the phone called "Flight Plan" that is what you want to save/copy to keep or transfer your flight plans

Perfect timing for me then, this new feature arrived just when I was able to take advantage of it! I had dozens of flight plans on my old phone. Many were little more than doodles, flights of fancy as I waited for something to happen but others were plans which I did fly and may wish to fly again under different circumstances such as with autumn leaves, snow, dusk, dawn or even full darkness. The flight plans are very small, just a PNG screen image and a text file (.json) containing the 3-D coordinates, speeds and camera instructions. I understand that these files can be edited to change them to, how shall I put this, to values which cannot be generated directly through the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ibrah99