Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi will not shut down and....

a1billk

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for looking
anafi drone, 12 flights, used two days ago with pix4d capture with no issues 300+ photos no issues. charged battery today.
symptoms, power button on, led lights cycle and go off. drone checks motors and camera gimble as usual. again no lights on battery at this point. controller connects and freeflight 6 connects, video is displayed from drone but drone will not take off with controller button or take off touch button on display. push power button, battery lights ladder up and down then go out but drone will not turn off.
Hold power button for 7 sec, 15 sec, 30 sec, no joy. nothing happens, no red lights. battery reset appears to work. changed out the sd card. I dont have another battery to try.
so since I have a drone survey next week. would you recommend a new battery or a new drone???
thank you
Bill

Is it fully updated? If so, I would contact the seller. If they sell batteries, explain the situation and buy a new battery on the condition that you can return it should that not fix the problem. Or arrange that you can send back the broken battery if that fixes it. Or exchange the entire drone, whatever is the fastest for you!

Try the various resets in the attached document before anything else. Then if they do not work, update the drone if it is on older software. A new update will often update your battery as well which may fix your issues.

Attachments

• troubleshooting_anafi.pdf
    69.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for the suggestions, I have never seen this problem before, it happened shortly after the new update, makes you suspect the update yes the drone is updated, wish i could reflash the drone, that sometimes restores other programmable gadgets.
Try the various resets in the attached document before anything else. Then if they do not work, update the drone if it is on older software. A new update will often update your battery as well which may fix your issues.
Thanks for the suggestions, yes tried the resets, they dont work and the drone battery and controller are up to date, so i am at a loss here. we need a way to reflash updates in the event the program somehow gets corrupted.,

you have never seen this problem before? On your 12 flights? You updated yesterday right?

Can you give the timeline

No, I did not see the problem of no takeoff and no shutoff before. timeline was, it functioned normal for the previous flights. then last week friday the drone would not fly, two weeks prior to that the drone would not takeoff due to magnetic issues but the ground at that site was a building demo of an old casting plant so there was a lot of steel scrap in the ground. around that time the update appeard in the freeflight app and the drone flew with less issues, I check with two other apps to be sure im in a safe fly zone.
to be fair I did change the sd card to a 128gb generic sd card u3 10 rating so the card should be fast enough, and i did have a sucessful flight the day previous with the same sd card and battery charger, I also started using a 3rd party battery charger, the multi bay with the usb outputs included. you can get em at amazone or ebay.

We seem to be in a flat spin here,
Question.
Is there a way to reinstall the update to the drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh