Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi RTH

Actually, the Anafi will finish the flight plan as programmed even if it loses connection.
But I do support your effort to petition Parrot for an adjustable RTH.

Hi.

If that's the case, I'm a happy man. Unfortunately, I'm still skeptical because the first thing I did after the purchase was "trying to lose the connection" (turn off the controller) and Anafi stopped and went to RTH. I will try again when it stops raining.

Regards Leif.

Hi.

If that's the case, I'm a happy man. Unfortunately, I'm still skeptical because the first thing I did after the purchase was "trying to lose the connection" (turn off the controller) and Anafi stopped and went to RTH. I will try again when it stops raining.

Regards Leif.

Did you have a way point mission set up and flying it when you did this? The Anafi flys the mission first which is a good reason to have your last way point close to you.

Did you have a way point mission set up and flying it when you did this? The Anafi flys the mission first which is a good reason to have your last way point close to you.

Yes, made a small route with three waypoints. Number one near the controller, the second approximately 100 meters out on the field, and the third near the controller again. On Anafi's way out, I closed the controller so Anafi had no radio contact and here Anafi stopped and went to RTH after a little while. I actually tried it twice. I will try to do the same test again tomorrow when it hopefully stops raining.

PS. Geofencing was off during the second test.

Regards Leif.

I just returned from a 13 minute mission way beyond range. It completes the mission. Something I've noticed though is when I tried to stop the mission nearby, so I could bring it closer, it still wanted to land. I did steer it closer, but it landed without a direct order. I tried another mission where I interrupted it with an RTH (while still in range) and it flew back home but I couldn't stop it from landing. More testing needed to understand this must land phenomenon.

In the flight planner option there is suppose to be a spot that you can tell it to land or just hover but it is not activated yet in this version of the app. It is just grayed out. You can how ever just add the pause option on the last waypoint. You can add up to 600 seconds I believe. As for the RTH anytime I use one of the sticks it cancels out the RTH for me.

20180801_164043_rmscr.jpg

Yep, I had land at last waypoint turned on. I'll turn it back to hover.

I'm running on ios. There are lots of little differences. By the way, I just did another mission and this time it did not complete. I think it abandoned the mission very near the farthest waypoint and came home via RTH because it thought the battery was low. This mission flew against the wind on the way out but I guess it was playing it safe. Also, when did we lose the battery percentage indicator? My gps icon is covering it up.

I'm running on ios. There are lots of little differences. By the way, I just did another mission and this time it did not complete. I think it abandoned the mission very near the farthest waypoint and came home via RTH because it thought the battery was low. This mission flew against the wind on the way out but I guess it was playing it safe. Also, when did we lose the battery percentage indicator? My gps icon is covering it up.
Hi,ios freeflight 6 is not optimized for a ipads,only iphones,thats why you are not seeing battery %.....in lower righthand corner you can see button 1x and use it to zoom in-zoom out of the app but sadly it is not helping with icons...no issues with iphone!

Yes, made a small route with three waypoints. Number one near the controller, the second approximately 100 meters out on the field, and the third near the controller again. On Anafi's way out, I closed the controller so Anafi had no radio contact and here Anafi stopped and went to RTH after a little while. I actually tried it twice. I will try to do the same test again tomorrow when it hopefully stops raining.

PS. Geofencing was off during the second test.

Regards Leif.

Unfortunately, it has stil rained all day and now it's dark. I then try tomorrow to get tested when the weather folks promises dry weather after mid day.

Regards Leif.

I know I should not complain as winter will be here soon enough but this is just to hot for me to be out playing with the Anafi. Humidity is just terrible today. 33 C today

Opera Snapshot_2018-08-13_170224_www.intellicast.com.png

I know I should not complain as winter will be here soon enough but this is just to hot for me to be out playing with the Anafi. Humidity is just terrible today. 33 C today

View attachment 127

Yes, thank you, it's also unfortunate. :eek: I can tell you that it is the first water we have got the last three months after an exceptionally dry and hot summer. The grain on the field did not get water while it was growing and now it has to be harvested it has become so wet it should probably be artificially dried. :cry: The maximum air temperature has only been 17 dg C today. :(

Regards Leif.

Unfortunately, it has stil rained all day and now it's dark. I then try tomorrow to get tested when the weather folks promises dry weather after mid day.

Regards Leif.

Finally dry weather, here is the result of my second test that shows that Anafi no longer goes into RTH mode on flight plan missions when the Radio Controller loses the connection. Why I experienced that during my initial test I can not tell. Maybe an error in the old firmware on both Anafi and the controller ? Unfortunately, I cannot figure that out because the old firmware is not available longere.

So I apologize for the rubbish I said about the flight plan missions and RTH.

However, I am still advocating that the RTH height will be variable up to the maximum flight height set in the safety setup. Everything else is stupid. ;)

Regards Leif.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Finally dry weather, here is the result of my second test that shows that Anafi no longer goes into RTH mode on flight plan missions when the Radio Controller loses the connection. Why I experienced that during my initial test I can not tell. Maybe an error in the old firmware on both Anafi and the controller ? Unfortunately, I cannot figure that out because the old firmware is not available longere.

So I apologize for the rubbish I said about the flight plan missions and RTH.

However, I am still advocating that the RTH height will be variable up to the maximum flight height set in the safety setup. Everything else is stupid. ;)

Regards Leif.

I agree. In my yard I have two trees that are 25 meters high according to the Anafi. They are old evergreens (white pines) and I can see through them (they got badly mauled by a storm a few years ago) but would never get the drone through there safely, so it is entirely possible for me to put a > 20 meter obstacle in my flight path while maintaining LOS without leaving my own 1/4 acre lot. Even allowing a user to set it to 50 meters would make a huge difference.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I agree. In my yard I have two trees that are 25 meters high according to the Anafi. They are old evergreens (white pines) and I can see through them (they got badly mauled by a storm a few years ago) but would never get the drone through there safely, so it is entirely possible for me to put a > 20 meter obstacle in my flight path while maintaining LOS without leaving my own 1/4 acre lot. Even allowing a user to set it to 50 meters would make a huge difference.

?

Reactions: Rifleair

:unsure::D(n)
My home owners insurance would have strong words. At that height, they are hitting something in somebody's yard.

(Seriously, I've had 3 tree services in, 2 wouldn't touch them, the third wanted > 6k to remove them)

:unsure::D(n)
My home owners insurance would have strong words. At that height, they are hitting something in somebody's yard.

(Seriously, I've had 3 tree services in, 2 wouldn't touch them, the third wanted > 6k to remove them)

About 15 years ago we had a mini tornado go through. Downed lots of trees and I had three 65-70 foot Jackpines in my back yard. One was leaning at a 45 degree angle after the storm. A French man traveling through was a bush worker and saw a opportunity to make some extra cash. He stopped by one day and said he could cut them down and buck them up so I would have a lot of fire wood. I said sure but how much.....he started counting his fingers "un deux trois " and said tree hundred. I laughed and said done deal.
He had a small power saw and climbed to the top of each tree and brought all three down with no problems.
The problem was getting rid of all the branches after. :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut