Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi RTH

If you read the comments in you you will see i have left one too a few days ago.Major update: ANAFI and FreeFlight 6 - Parrot Blog
Maybe I’m off base here and I’m not following the conversation..... but I think what he’s saying is that there was another update after the one that enabled 2.7K, etc. It was a quick “point release” from v6.1.0 to v6.1.1.

At least on iPhone, the 6.1.1 allows you to set RTH height permanently, whereas 6.1.0 allowed you to set an RTH height, but it would clear out between sessions.

Maybe I’m off base here and I’m not following the conversation..... but I think what he’s saying is that there was another update after the one that enabled 2.7K, etc. It was a quick “point release” from v6.1.0 to v6.1.1.

At least on iPhone, the 6.1.1 allows you to set RTH height permanently, whereas 6.1.0 allowed you to set an RTH height, but it would clear out between sessions.

Thank you some one with some sense. I think if he tries it he would see that if you set it to 60m, then at the next session it will defualt to 30m and you will have to set it ONCE AGAIN to 60m or whatever the hight.

Your right i had the 6.1 i just installed the 6.1.1 today thanks for clearing that up

A quick RTH question...
If you are just walking with Anafi how do you update the RTH location to your current location rather than where you took off?

Twice I have walked with the drone for 15 mins but it then wants to RTH to where I was at the start and of course earlier as it is some distance away.

Many thanks for help...

You'll have to land and takeoff again with GPS green.

Sounds like an area which could do with some improvement...

About auto-RTH (return home)
By design, when synchronized to GPS and Glonass satellites and when short on power,
will always attempt to come back to its most recent take-off point, at a minimal
height of 20 meters over this take-off point.
For this reason, Parrot recommends pilots to take extra care when moving away from
the take-off location of their drone (for example to follow ). In such cases, pilots must
cancel the auto-RTH from the orange 1-minute alert which appears on the screen of their
device, and keep piloting while monitoring closely its battery level, until it runs out of
power and lands.

Sounds like an area which could do with some improvement...

In the Follow Me mode (in-app purchase), when the button or icon is activated, Anafi
flies back to the position of the pilot.
The manual (page 22) indicates that rth in follow me mode is supposed to return to the pilot not the launch location. Not tried to test/confirm this myself

In follow me ot will go after pilot,in normal flight your RTH location is your take off position.....there is a negativ review of parrot bebop 2 on amazon written by someone who at that time didnt know how rth works....guy was in park flying bebop2,after awhile he decided to walk home and fly bebop in front of him,once home he flew bebop away from the house and pressed rth button,bebop turned around and flew away...he couldve take control of bebop at any time but he panicked and run after bebop all way back to park......i had a such good laugh when i saw that review......so your take off location is where anafi will fly back in case of disconnect or in case you press rth button

Guys, new user so be gentle. Just been out this afternoon for first flight with Anafi.

Little concerned over the RTH when hitting the HOME button either on controller or screen.

The Anafi dropped to about 2m at its current location. At the time that was about 15m from the home point, at about 18m in height.

The only thing I can add, is that I had the "Geofence" on and set at Max 15.0m and max distance 100m.

I would of thought it should of returned to where it took off (where I was stood with the controller), and not just drop to 2m at its current position.

Any ideas?
Did you get a reply back from Parrot, today is the first time I've gone to try mine outside, have version 6.1.1 and exactly the same fault as you. Tested about 20m away from me, press the RTH button and it just dropped down in its current position to about 2m. This was the same were ever I put the drone or to any height, just went down in current position, no attempt to RTH

In my tests the Anafi only starts the "normal" RTH if it is clear more than 20m away from it's starting point. Else it dropps to 2m just where it is.

In my tests the Anafi only starts the "normal" RTH if it is clear more than 20m away from it's starting point. Else it dropps to 2m just where it is.
Thanks for the reply, battery has just finished charging so I'll give that a try

I think either Dustin Dunnill or Captain Drone found this oddity in one of their youtube videos. I think the developers reasoned that the Anafi needs to be 'out of visual range' to enable RTH otherwise they expect you to be able to fly it back yourself

Guys, new user so be gentle. Just been out this afternoon for first flight with Anafi.

Little concerned over the RTH when hitting the HOME button either on controller or screen.

The Anafi dropped to about 2m at its current location. At the time that was about 15m from the home point, at about 18m in height.

The only thing I can add, is that I had the "Geofence" on and set at Max 15.0m and max distance 100m.

I would of thought it should of returned to where it took off (where I was stood with the controller), and not just drop to 2m at its current position.

Any ideas?
Sounds about right. You hit RTH within 20 meters of home. It assumed you wanted it to land immediately. I haven’t tried on the Anafi, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t land immediately. A lot of drones have that feature. Just try it from further away.

I think either Dustin Dunnill or Captain Drone found this oddity in one of their youtube videos. I think the developers reasoned that the Anafi needs to be 'out of visual range' to enable RTH otherwise they expect you to be able to fly it back yourself

I think unfortunately that Parrot has learned this bad/madness from DJI that has the same unfortunate feature. :rolleyes:

Regards Leif.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh