Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi thermal charger

briwy

Reaction score
I was hoping that the charger that comes with the Thermal would be usable with 12v from cigarette lighter socket in the car. I thought that perhaps the green usb was also power in but thei doesn't appear to tbe the case. Does anyone know what the green socket is intended for, just seems to be a normal USB socket. Nothing at all in the manual about the multi charger which I really like as it charges all the batteries at the same time unlike DJI chargers which only charge the one at a time.

Is there a charger included with the Thermal?

I don't understand why Parrot don't put a charger with the Anafi (non Thermal)

I use a PD 'Fast charger' for my 2018 macbook air so I can charge it in the car or caravan.. I found it also works for my anafi battery too, only takes about an hour to charge it to full from 2%. it's called an AUKEY. I've attached photos of it and it's specs. I paid about $30AUD for it.
Gives 3A at 9V.

They don't include a charger because you don't need one, keeps costs down. Less weight, less packaging, all you need is a usb c cable. It should charge from anything that gives at least 8DCV (roughly)

I don't have a thermal, so can't speak from experience, but my guess is the USB port would allow you to charge the controller at the same time as the batteries.

I don't have a thermal, so can't speak from experience, but my guess is the USB port would allow you to charge the controller at the same time as the batteries.

From my understanding the controller only needs 5v to charge it (this is the voltage a usb port will give out) but the battery on the drone is 7.6v so an average usb port won't work unless it's like the PD one I have (shown above) which does 5v/2.25a. 9v/3a. 12v/2.25a.

From my understanding the controller only needs 5v to charge it (this is the voltage a usb port will give out) but the battery on the drone is 7.6v so an average usb port won't work unless it's like the PD one I have (shown above) which does 5v/2.25a. 9v/3a. 12v/2.25a.
Huh? I was answering the original question about the purpose of the green USB port. Of course it will be able to charge the controller.

As for the rest of your statement. Just because the anafi battery is rated to Output 7.6v doesn't bear any relevance to the input voltage used to charge it. Read the manual, the anafi battery will happily charge over a standard USB port - it will just take a lot longer.

Reactions: Liger 1956
Huh? I was answering the original question about the purpose of the green USB port. Of course it will be able to charge the controller.

As for the rest of your statement. Just because the anafi battery is rated to Output 7.6v doesn't bear any relevance to the input voltage used to charge it. Read the manual, the anafi battery will happily charge over a standard USB port - it will just take a lot longer.

Didn't mean to hit a nerve champ. Just point out the figures. As the controller battery is a different voltage. If the charge voltage is lower than the batteries voltage the battery won't charge. So I don't think 5v will charge the 7.6v battery, it will probably only get to 5v in each cell. I could be wrong, but just trying to help as to why you can't charge both the controller and the battery from the drone at the same time from the same 5v source.

The battery has a boost regulator inside and is designed to be charged from either a standard 5v USB charger or, for faster charging, you can use a PD charger and the internal circuitry will adapt for the extra voltage. It is detailed in the Anafi User Guide which can be downloaded from the Parrot website. I charge my Anafi batteries using a 2.3a 5v mains USB charger or a 12v USB adaptor I am in my car. The controller cannot be charged using the PD socket on a charger as it will damage the battery.

Actually you can charge the controller (and other devices) on a PD socket as the standard output for the PD charger output is 5v, it will only output higher voltages if the device under charge, communicates to the charger and states what voltages and power levels it can handle. Pretty much the same way QC chargers handle the voltage changes.

I was hoping that the charger that comes with the Thermal would be usable with 12v from cigarette lighter socket in the car. I thought that perhaps the green usb was also power in but thei doesn't appear to tbe the case. Does anyone know what the green socket is intended for, just seems to be a normal USB socket. Nothing at all in the manual about the multi charger which I really like as it charges all the batteries at the same time unlike DJI chargers which only charge the one at a time.
Other chargers with more than one USB A port have a green (or other color) USB A port for "quick charge". If the other ports for example have 12W, the green port has lets say 18W.

What we here always call "chargers" for smartphones or in our case for Anafi or it's battery are really only power supplies.
The charging control is really done by the battery electronics, which is resonsible for correct charging and for battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem