Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi warranty denied !!

petho72

Reaction score
So hears the deal , My Anafi decided to take a swim in the ocean after doing the latest battery update . Total power failure and the drone was lost , not recovered . I approached Parrot about possible replacement under warranty and the first thing they requested was the flight data from that flight . As we are all aware , the anafi doesn't log the flight data until the drone has returned and motors stopped . So when they are lost there is no data recorded . When I explained why i couldn't provided it , they kept coming back with " they need the flight data " . They eventually denied my warranty claim, which I am really disappointed about . They have set up the flight data system so they can dodge warranty claims , this is so dodgy . I have owned 3 parrot drones , this was my last . Time for a DJI .

To be honest (as a DJI owner), they can be as bad when it comes to claims unless you have the DJI Care Refresh. Once that expires it can be as much of a battle with their support team.

Try pushing back to Parrot, maybe as for it to be escalated.

• Wow
Reactions: KGRAT
And right now, I see this
"As we are all aware , the anafi doesn't log the flight data until the drone has returned and motors stopped "
more and more as convenient and deliberately passing the buck over to the customer.

In my eyes there is NO reason why this flight log recording can only be done AFTER the flight.
Compared to the video stream data, the flight log data are/would using/use minor bandwith and could be continiously updated.
Often the transfer's happening just before the next flight, on mine it needed not just a motor stop, mostly, but also a restart of the bird!

But to be fair: DJI also is playing the "lost bird" card, often!
And: In case you have care refresh, TO HAVE the bird is a requirement.
Lost and not found: no repair, no replacement

Also if I would not happy in your situation, but I could understand also Parrot /DJ.
If the bird is no more available and they send everyone a new one, how can say that not a lot people call the Hotline to received a new bird as spare part or for selling?

Also if I would not happy in your situation, but I could understand also Parrot /DJ.
If the bird is no more available and they send everyone a new one, how can say that not a lot people call the Hotline to received a new bird as spare part or for selling?
Just how convenient is it, that there is not even a flight log, to check or proof, who is wrong?

On the DJI side is to say, that I have followed a couple of topics with lost birds, where the flight log did show "all green, just went of the screen from a height of xx meters", with no obstacles around that location.

And some of these claims got honored by DJI with a new bird.

Which assumingly would never have happened, without the flight record in/from the app.

Snap ... sat and put screen recorder on any device I might decide to use.

I can see why it can only complete the logs when yo fly, because its reliant on some sort of medium to transmit the data to the Parrot servers, one way or another, but I am sure they must be able to setup something so that logging is also done to the tablet/phone.

I will have to look into whether it is possible to set up a script on an Android phone that starts the screen recorder every time FF6 is launched so that I do not forget about it.
Sounds like a handle script to have, now you would only have to remember to turn on the script LOL

So hears the deal , My Anafi decided to take a swim in the ocean after doing the latest battery update . Total power failure and the drone was lost , not recovered . I approached Parrot about possible replacement under warranty and the first thing they requested was the flight data from that flight . As we are all aware , the anafi doesn't log the flight data until the drone has returned and motors stopped . So when they are lost there is no data recorded . When I explained why i couldn't provided it , they kept coming back with " they need the flight data " . They eventually denied my warranty claim, which I am really disappointed about . They have set up the flight data system so they can dodge warranty claims , this is so dodgy . I have owned 3 parrot drones , this was my last . Time for a DJI .
Seems that Parrot handles warranty claims for unrecoverable birds somewhat inconsistently. Saw a recent post where a bird went out of control and landed in a bay, not recoverable and no flight logs yet Parrot honored warranty. Not sure how they determine which scenario should be covered. They do tell you not to fly over water - yet i have seen some of their advertisement / marketing materials in which they do just that
Sorry to hear about your lose and troubles

Snap ... sat and put screen recorder on any device I might decide to use.

I can see why it can only complete the logs when yo fly, because its reliant on some sort of medium to transmit the data to the Parrot servers, one way or another, but I am sure they must be able to setup something so that logging is also done to the tablet/phone.

Nope, it doesn't need any "medium" to transfer the data on the spot to the servers. You even get the flight record before the next start, with an "in flight mode" device connected.
This uploading happens some time later!

Reactions: d95gas
Yeah that's true , however the reason that they don't have the data is due to how they decided to set it up , not the cosumer . Seems very convenient

Very similar thing happened to me. I loved my anafi..thought it was the best filming drone for the $ if you could get into the extended flight package for $700 or less. I was at lake chalavoix in Michigan..took the drone up and immediately (within 10 secs) the drone just lost all power and dropped into the inlet. After putting in a claim I waited 2 months to be told it was "user error". When I asked how they came to that conclusion they had no answers...in the email it basically says they can deny any claims if you fly above water or "reflective surfaces". I thought it was ********...You would think they would at least provide a discounted price on a replacement..but I was left unimpressed...

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

They called that ”2 year Premium warranty”,6 months later they changed it to “2 year warranty”

Very similar thing happened to me. I loved my anafi..thought it was the best filming drone for the $ if you could get into the extended flight package for $700 or less. I was at lake chalavoix in Michigan..took the drone up and immediately (within 10 secs) the drone just lost all power and dropped into the inlet. After putting in a claim I waited 2 months to be told it was "user error". When I asked how they came to that conclusion they had no answers...in the email it basically says they can deny any claims if you fly above water or "reflective surfaces". I thought it was ********...You would think they would at least provide a discounted price on a replacement..but I was left unimpressed...

were you able to recover drone?

Yeah feel your pain mate , I have now bought the new Mavic Air 2 and its a better drone , will never buy Parrot again . Dji drones record all data in real time direct to your phone , so if there is an issue , you have some form of evidence to back up your claim.

were you able to recover drone?
No. It is at the bottom of a channel unfortunately, so I understand why its difficult to prove my case...but at the same time they should be able to see that bird hasnt flew since that day..

Yeah feel your pain mate , I have now bought the new Mavic Air 2 and its a better drone , will never buy Parrot again . Dji drones record all data in real time direct to your phone , so if there is an issue , you have some form of evidence to back up your claim.
And it now has even some zoom!

No. It is at the bottom of a channel unfortunately, so I understand why its difficult to prove my case...but at the same time they should be able to see that bird hasnt flew since that day..

Sorry to hear this, I agree with you that at least they could sell you a discounted drone only
I do understand Parrots point of view, yet I cannot figure out why they replace some and not others that are lost or end up in water
Not sure if it will help but you could try an appeal to someone in their upper management
Wishing you luck

To be fair, most, if not all of the warranty claims that were granted these last few months were granted without any log extracted from the drone, since the issue that was happening didn't register in the log. I've completed a very detailed request through e-mail that included the screenshot from FF6, and that screenshot showed the error (it ends before any altitude drop, indicating an electrical failure on air). Besides, when you allow your logs to be uploaded to the server, they have access to what they need. Did you go through those steps?
Would you mind posting your flight screenshot here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame