Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Weird Behavior

Throwing this out there, I was getting some strange side to side and vertical movements recently. I re-calibrated and rebooted Anafi, fixed my issue.

Dear friends,

My second Anafi did same thing. I think that is strong winds interfaces, wind gusts

My link on You Tube before one month

This has been discussed many times on here and the facebook groups. It is clearly wind coming from the side. I had this happen last year flying over a river gorge where winds can be unexpected. Looking at the video there a is a strong wind going left to right. Just look at the fog and you can see how strong the wind is. The Anafi is very light but I have also had my Yuneec Q500 which is 5 times the size and weight do the same thing.

Right at 3:28 of the video you can see even my bigger Q500 getting caught in a cross wind. Yes it is scary but it does happen.
Like the other poster, I have to disagree. I watched mine do this while landing on its last flight of the day. Altitude was approximately 30 feet up and absolutely no wind at all. (landing on my driveway, in front of my house and also surrounded by pine trees that are 50-80 feet tall.)

The more I think about it the more I think this is actually a software glitch courtesy one of the updates. I noticed similar behavior develop in my other Anafi after a update but nowhere as pronounced as it is now. With the latest update I see this only in normal and and cinematic flight mode. It does not happen in racing mode at all.

I disagree about software glitch. If that was the case you would see more people complaining about it. Like I said this has been around since day one. Nothing new in my opinion.

I disagree about software glitch. If that was the case you would see more people complaining about it. Like I said this has been around since day one. Nothing new in my opinion.
Feel free to disagree but I have seen this behavior in two Anafi's now with it even worse now after the latest update.

Anafi is a decent bird but there are some real issues with it. More folks are seeing the weird left side jerking and more folks on different reviews are talking about battery and other issues.

Enjoy flying mine but compared to my EVO it just doesn't measure up anymore in flight performance, camera performance and overall stability.

My Anafii had been solid for me, it performs better than many of my larger drones.

Here I push it too far, 30 MPH winds. Anafi gets blown in a loop but GPS/optical tracking locks back on the subject and I continue on; not many drones can do this.

Here is another theory of what might be happening. Way back in early spring I remember having a conversation on another forum with @Kilrah who is a forum member here also. We where offering suggestions on what might cause these swing arounds and uncontrollable turns. He suggested it was the gimbal not being able to handle the wind.

(Kilrah)
Yup looking at the trajectory the aircraft is doing fine, it's just the gimbal that doesn't have enough throw.

(Pioneerr)
Is it because it only has 2 axis gimbal?

(Kilrah)
No, it's the roll axis that has a pretty short throw, about +/-45° which is easy to reach in flight.

Now thinking about what he said and the resent complaints of gimbal problems from the last couple of updates where the camera twitches all over the place as seen in this video I am now starting to wonder if it is related. ?

Mmmh i wonder if also the Anafi V2 could have this random issue.

c'est bien ce problème que je rencontre mais par contre ma caméra est dirigée vers le bas .Je n'avais pas ce problème avec la version précédente .

It is that problem that I encounter but by against my camera is directed toward the bottom .I had not this problem with the previous version .

I just had this weird "seizure" attacks on the gimball aswell, but no on flight. I just turned on Anafi on the floor and gimball went a bit crazy. Turning it off and on again solved the issue, then i did another calibration. What's the reason ?

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Seems after one of the last two firmware updates the camera calibration has changed with larger movements which could be causing the problem. Anytime I have seen this reported on here and the Facebook groups people say they have not crashed so that is not the cause.

J'ai reçu une réponse du SAV parrot pour le problème de camera avec filtre qui ne se positionnait mal lors de la mise en route du drone .Le SAV précise que la camera doit être sans filtre lors de la mise en route car elle fait un étalonnage au démarrage.EN cas de mauvaise position de la camera refaire un ou plusieurs étalonnage .

I received a response of the VAS parrot for the problem of camera with filter that only was positioning itself poorly during the startup of the drone .The SAV specifies that the camera must be without filter during the implementation route because it made a CALIBRATION AT STARTUP.In the case of bad position of the camera repeat one or more calibration .

Hi guys, dont know I am the only one with this strange behavior when flying.
This does not happens always, but its really scary to see the bug when flying.
Happened also when flying low, so its not a altitude issue.
Latest Firmware on Anafi and on the SkyController3
Propellers are not damaged.
Check link for better view. In the video, eventually it stopped and returned home without any issues, but came all the way like that.
Any advise?

I have these glitches since end 2019 . I'm pretty sure it's software related and Parrot don't find a way but I discovered by chance that on the Cellphone only mode , NOT A SINGLE GLITCH . .. so I figured out for the moment it has to do with skycontroller 3 battery that is soooo old that it sucks all the juice and none left to send correctly the wi-fi instructions to the drone ... causing it to send bad and intermittent commands to the drone that begins to stutter . SAME SAME problem I had here than you and I confirm it has nothing at all to do with the wind as I fly in the wind , in more wind ... and go way higher with the cellphone without major glitches. I had two in 2 flights but it didn't persist like it was doing with the controler so that is more normal glitch due to a suddent wind .

I highly suspect the controler to show 100% charged ... but 100% of what is still available on the battery so in reality , it's at 30 or 35% and it sucks all the juice in the first seconds. You can note too the drone begins to stutter always nearer from you . It began at 100 meters for me , then some time passed , it began to 60 meters ... then some weeks after , the drone was stuttering at 30 meters ... in the end it was 15-25 meters ... and now that I connect with the cellphone . ... what a surprise , I went to 70 meters height yesterday in the wind without any glitch. My videos showed exactly the same bug than yours the same way precisely so if it's not the controler's battery , it's about the controler. That's why Parrot never found what's going on with my drone. By facts , it execute what the controler sends so the logs don't show error. That's my theory.

Meanwhile , I fly only with the cellphone and still can go up to 200 meters distance without loosing the signal and ... I found that using the cellphone produce way better videos cause it's more stable in my case. As you can put your finger and just let it in the same position on the screen , there is no variations in the drone's speed and it does better cinematics for all that is not too far. I figure I may use my cellphone with a Wi-FI signal booster for some situations , better than the controler . Now , cellphones have pretty long distance wi-fi and the difference is not so bad in terms of performance in some cases. I have a LG V20 and it doesn't have a lot of cores but it's cores were optimised for gaming better than multitask and I think it helps in my case to keep good fps on the screen , coupled to a not so bad Wi-Fi . I may change my controler's battery inside but ... I suspect it may be a firmware bug in the controler Parrot has not properly solved so I'll wait a bit to see. We're in 2021 and it doesn't seem solved but when I talked to Parrot , they were troubleshooting my logs for free ... and I'm not under warranty so they were searching for the reason too I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh