Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI's connection issue

Lombrounet

Reaction score
Bonjour à tous.
Je fais parti d'un staff français équipé de plusieurs drones. j'envisage de faire du stage découverte gratuit de drones avec des centre de vacance. Nous avons entre autre un ANAFI depuis plusieurs années (2018)qui n'est plus tellement utilisé, et donc il est totalement approprié pour ça!
J'ai donc fait l'installation de FF6 USA sur mon téléphoné XIAOMI 12T, et refait l'appairage du skycontroleur 3.
J'arrive à me connecter sur le wifi du drone.
J'arrive à faire voler le drone avec le skycontroleur, mais depuis l'app, impossible de trouver le drone. pourtant, mon téléphone se met bien en lien avec le skycontroleur.
J'ai trouvé un sujet identique d'une autre personne sur un autre forum, mais cette personne n'a pas obtenu de réponse à sa demande. (même problèmes).
hormis faire voler le drone avec le contrôleur, je ne peux donc rien faire, ce qui signifie que je ne sais pas quel version de logiciel est dans le drone. j'ai essayé avec un HUAWEI mate 20 pro sans plus de succés.
Quelqu'un saurait m'aider?
Merci par avance

Hello all.
I'ma a french staff member who own some drones. I want to offer at some children's holiday center free drone discover at next holidays. We have an ANAFI from years (2018) we don't really use anymore now.
i installed the FF6 USA on my phone, a XIAOMI 12T, et successfully linked my phone to the sycontroler 3.
i'm also connected on drone's wifi.
i'm able to pilot the drone with the skycontroler, but not with the phone. the phone can't found the drone, even if my phone is fully linked with the skycontroler.
i also found another people on another forum that had same issue, but nobody's offered a solution.
i'm not able to see the software version or anything else. i malso tried with another phone HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO, but had same issues.
If anyone has a brilliant idea to offer me to use fully the drone, it will be really apprciated!
thanks to everyone

From the (UPDATED) Parrot ANAFI Troubleshooting (Why, How to Fix)
June 7, 2022 (UPDATED) Parrot ANAFI Troubleshooting (Why, How to Fix) | TheDronestop

Common Problems
  1. Connectivity and range issues - The ANAFI Drone Wi-Fi connection is highly susceptible to interference thus weak signal, especially in developed areas. A common common drone issue. However, with the ANAFI, the issue becomes further complicated by the lack of ability to properly switch channels. Normally, the ANAFI’s transmission system should automatically switch to the best wireless network channel available, but users report that this does a poor job automatically.
You’re left standing praying to the drone gods that the RTH will save the day.
  • Get better results by manually switching the drone to the clearest channel via the network screen on the ANAFI Freeflight 6 app, especially where there is a lot of radio interference.
  • To quickly re-establish connection in flight - if controller screen flickers or lag, a weak signal, then
    • point the controller antennas at the flying drone.
    • Fly higher and away from obstacles, such as buildings and treetops
  • Before take off, set your phone to airplane mode.
  1. Drone will not sync with controller or mobile phone Need to reset the ANAFI’s Wi-Fi.
    1. Turn on your drone.
    2. Push and hold down the power button for a full 8 seconds.
    3. The red lights will begin turning on one after the other.
    4. Wait until all 4 lights are on before releasing the button.
    5. The drone Wi-Fi will then reboot.
      If this solution doesn’t work next try a different USB cable
      Reboot your phone and set up the drone as you normally do
      • if using a different cable failed to correct, delete & reinstall the Freeflight 6 app. Before doing this backup and save all your Freeflight 6 media uninstalling Freeflight 6 WILL delete all your photos.
      • If all the above efforts fail to restore the connection, the ANAFI Controller may need repair or replacement. The issue may be related to an unfortunate design defect regarding the USB prongs connecter of the Skycontroller 3 board.
Sorry, my French is not good enough to find the French language version.

Reactions: Lombrounet
The problem with manual channel mode is that:
YOU CANNOT MANUALLY SWITCH CHANNELS.
While anafi is in flight.

Your area of interference is not the same area as where you stand. Interference 50 feet or a mile away is not the same at the controller.

thanks for your answers dudes.

My english is not perfect, but i tried your solution @Crossrich
after the 4 light where red, i saw the drone reboot. unfortunately, it didnt change anything. i still can fly the drone with skycontroler, but cant see it on FF6 app.

@MightFlight , here i'm not abl to do the first connection even with the phone connected at the skycontroler, and 50cm near the drone.

Any other ideas i can try?

Try this link to playstore for correct FF6 ver 6.7.6 for Anafi 4k
It’s possible your android OS may not be compatible id it’s a new version. If so try an older phone OS ver 11 or 12

Try this link to playstore for correct FF6 ver 6.7.6 for Anafi 4k
It’s possible your android OS may not be compatible id it’s a new version. If so try an older phone OS ver 11 or 12

It say that my phone is not compatible to this app.
so i think there is some issue regarding my android version, as you said.

OK so i tried with the other phone to download the non USA-version and it worked.
All is working well with this other phone, but i would like to use my phone. any solution that permiss to do it with Android 13?

Thanks all

OK so i tried with the other phone to download the non USA-version and it worked.
All is working well with this other phone, but i would like to use my phone. any solution that permiss to do it with Android 13?

Thanks all
Glad to see you got it working
I have no expertise with Android OS but there is a member that has posted a solution for bebop’s that use FreeFlight Pro link for thread below.
I wonder if this would work for Anafi FreeFlight 6 by following his instructions but substituting the APK for FF6 + OBB from download site???
I don’t want to lead you down a rabbit hole and create new issues but may be something to consider and reach out to OP @flyingblind if any questions as he seems to have expertise with Android OS
Best of luck

Glad to see you got it working
I have no expertise with Android OS but there is a member that has posted a solution for bebop’s that use FreeFlight Pro link for thread below.
I wonder if this would work for Anafi FreeFlight 6 by following his instructions but substituting the APK for FF6 + OBB from download site???
I don’t want to lead you down a rabbit hole and create new issues but may be something to consider and reach out to OP @flyingblind if any questions as he seems to have expertise with Android OS
Best of luck

Thanks a lot BRC

Reactions: BRC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phildart