Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Anafi Drops from the Sky

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned they're doing their job investigating what's going on and I'm far from having anything bad to say about their support so far.
Having dealt with Parrot support before on less serious issues only to have my cases closed without resolution makes it's difficult to remain positive. In this case I found no form on Parrot's website to request a warranty/support case number. I called support. Ethan sent me an email with a case number and a long list (3 pages) of request for information. The fact that Parrot does not have an online request form, nor a PDF that can be emailed or downloaded makes it difficult for me to view Parrot as a company that takes it's warranty obligations seriously. I copied the questionnaire and pasted it to a new email. Provided all the information and sent it back to support. I then received an email informing me that my request could not be processed from an email request. I was instructed to fill the "Online Form" request with a link provided. This link just took me to the normal Parrot website. I found no on line form. I called support again. This time I talked with Alex. He assured me that they had indeed received the information I had emailed. He claimed they were in the process of reviewing it. He said unless there was something missing in the information I sent they would escalate my case to the next level (whatever that means) and I would receive notice of this escalation this coming Monday. In my previous cases with Parrot. several "Mondays" went by with no update from support. Eventually I would get an email informing me that my case was considered resolved and closed. Pardon my pessimism but this all sounds too familiar.

I wish I knew this information. Mine fell from about 300' yesterday and landed on the roof of a metal building. Totally destroyed. I'll contact Parrot tomorrow. I hope they will help. It's less than a year old.

• Sad
Reactions: robinh
Here's an idea to increase the pressure on Parrot. Post a one-star review on Amazon and anywhere else selling them, and say why.

Reactions: crossroad
I wish I knew this information. Mine fell from about 300' yesterday and landed on the roof of a metal building. Totally destroyed. I'll contact Parrot tomorrow. I hope they will help. It's less than a year old.
The question is why has Parrot not contacted all ANAFI owners and told them to stop flying until the problem is fixed? Is this the Boeing playbook they're working from?

Has anyone tried the drone firmware 1.6.7 to see whether it fixes these crashes? I still suspect the battery firmware is involved. I would try the update but my drone won't connect via WiFi anymore.

Has anyone tried the drone firmware 1.6.7 to see whether it fixes these crashes? I still suspect the battery firmware is involved. I would try the update but my drone won't connect via WiFi anymore.

do you mean to the controller??? as the update is performed using the phones WIFI connection... ! is it not?

You can update direct from the phone or via the controller. If the drone WiFi isn't working then neither route will work.

You can update direct from the phone or via the controller. If the drone WiFi isn't working then neither route will work.

am an auld fella... and am confused..:p:p. I hooked my phone to the Anafai WIFI network...not the Anafi to my home network hub..... so to me it means that the phone connects to the WIFI hub router and then the phone connects to the Anafi and then the controller connects to the Anafi, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here..LOL

am an auld fella... and am confused..:p:p. I hooked my phone to the Anafai WIFI network...not the Anafi to my home network hub..... so to me it means that the phone connects to the WIFI hub router and then the phone connects to the Anafi and then the controller connects to the Anafi, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here..LOL
I don't know if you've got the wrong end of the stick. I think if you deleted any reference to your home WiFi it would avoid any confusion because you're right the phone or controller connect to the WiFi on the drone directly.
The firmware update gets onto the phone via a WiFi with internet, but the actual firmware update to the drone happens via drone WiFi.
I think we're saying the same thing.

I don't know if you've got the wrong end of the stick. I think if you deleted any reference to your home WiFi it would avoid any confusion because you're right the phone or controller connect to the WiFi on the drone directly.
The firmware update gets onto the phone via a WiFi with internet, but the actual firmware update to the drone happens via drone WiFi.
I think we're saying the same thing.

have you tried plugging the cable from the controller direct to the drone to see if that will re-establish a wired connection and therefore a WIFI connection once it is done??

No I haven't tried that. I didn't know that was a thing. Do you mean the large USB port on the controller? I assume the small one is just for charging. If the drone is plugged into the large USB then I can't update the firmware unless it magically restores WiFi and I can connect direct to my phone.

No I haven't tried that. I didn't know that was a thing. Do you mean the large USB port on the controller? I assume the small one is just for charging. If the drone is plugged into the large USB then I can't update the firmware unless it magically restores WiFi and I can connect direct to my phone.

yes the large USB controller port... that's what I had to do for a friend who bought a new controller for his drone... once that was done then all was good... I always hook my phone up to the controller when performing an update....

weird.... have you tried shutting down the controller and then looking in the phone network settings to see if the Anafi is showing up in there??? if it is then select it and connect to it... you will need the password that came with the drone for you to input for a connection...

reset the drone, use an iPhone with official app, turn on airplane mode, plug phone into controller. connect, update, fly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320