Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Bought

Liger 1956

Reaction score
After having flown home brew quadcopters (I hate the word 'DRONE') since the flight controllers were first available I have just pressed the button and bought an Anafi from Amazon UK for £570.33 (unfortunately I could not find any working discount codes to bring the price down further). I will wait until the spare batteries come down in price before buying any. I am looking forward to having an unpack and fly craft which is easy to carry as my current folding frame 600mm APM quad is big, and takes a while to unfold and prepare for flight, as is the Tx and the box with the FPV gear in. The app is already loaded on my phone (Moto G5) and Tablet (Galaxy Tab A) so I just have to wait until the Anafi arrives tomorrow. I will now buy the 'follow me' and 'flight plan' add-ons and try to sleep tonight!

Reactions: LuvMyTJ and Landbo
After having flown home brew quadcopters (I hate the word 'DRONE') since the flight controllers were first available I have just pressed the button and bought an Anafi from Amazon UK for £570.33 (unfortunately I could not find any working discount codes to bring the price down further). I will wait until the spare batteries come down in price before buying any. I am looking forward to having an unpack and fly craft which is easy to carry as my current folding frame 600mm APM quad is big, and takes a while to unfold and prepare for flight, as is the Tx and the box with the FPV gear in. The app is already loaded on my phone (Moto G5) and Tablet (Galaxy Tab A) so I just have to wait until the Anafi arrives tomorrow. I will now buy the 'follow me' and 'flight plan' add-ons and try to sleep tonight!

Yes, it will be a looooooooooooong night. Welcome by the way. :)

Regards Leif.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the ParrotPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Parrot quadcopters.
Enjoy the forum!

It's arrived and is currently charging. It is raining here and I don't think that I will risk the first flight being indoors. Tomorrow should be it's maiden flight.

I am a bit disappointed with the way thst the phone is held on the controller. The rubber pads are not very big and the phone foes not seem super secure but we will see how it goes.

I am a bit disappointed with the way thst the phone is held on the controller. The rubber pads are not very big and the phone foes not seem super secure but we will see how it goes.
Hi...my phone would slip out of holder and slam into joysticks...i solved the problem by peeling off lower rubber pad and moving it 1/8 or 2mm up higher,no more slipping,my phone now sits perfectly in holder

Reactions: Liger 1956
That mod makes it better but as my phone has a slightly curved back the rubber pads only just grip the phone. The phone has to be off centre as the power button is half way down one side. I will see later if I can design a mount to go between the phone and the controller that I can 3D print and that will grip the phone better. I have looked at phone cases but none appear to have rectangular cross sections which would make the grips work better.

One thing I have thought of is to have a tablet on a chest harness (not mounted on the controller) and a long lead to the controller as the buttons on the controller are easily found by touch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator