Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Automatic RTH feature?

MartinB

Reaction score
Got my Anafi two days ago, it worked mostly as advertised (battery suddenly in wintermode, got it 'restarted' etc.). Today I went flying (manual mode) with about 65% charge, unfortunately the drone lost contact behind trees (kind of little forest). I had no geo-fencing active but GPS signal was strong so I expected the drone to do a RTH at some point. the actual height and the RTH height was high enough to have no trouble with tress etc.
However it went off and I have have not seen it since.
i'm left with the question whether or not it should have done a RTH at some point?

tia
Martin

It should not do that! Before you took off did you wait until you had green lights on both the controller and Anafi GPS? Also did you hover a little after rsking off and get the Precidion Landing message on screen? How far away were you when you lost connection and did you actually see the Anafi fly away or has it just landed where it was as it did not have a home point set? It would also be useful if your profile stated where in the world you are as some countries use FCC transmission power and some reduced CE.

I am also confused about your Winter Mode statement. The batteries will automatically self discharge to a storage voltage but this does not start until 10 to 12 days after last charged and you say that you have only had the drone for 2 days.

It should not do that! Before you took off did you wait until you had green lights on both the controller and Anafi GPS?
Yes
Also did you hover a little after rsking off and get the Precidion Landing message on screen?
yes (in green)
How far away were you when you lost connection and did you actually see the Anafi fly away or has it just landed where it was as it did not have a home point set?
It flew away (80-100 yards), the home point was set (used it a couple of times).

It would also be useful if your profile stated where in the world you are as some countries use FCC transmission power and some reduced CE.
Ok, Europe/The Netherlands/Groningen

I am also confused about your Winter Mode statement. The batteries will automatically self discharge to a storage voltage but this does not start until 10 to 12 days after last charged and you say that you have only had the drone for 2 days.
It didn't make sense to me either :) On Sunday afternoon I took the battery from charging and placed it in the drone. No reaction whatsoever when I tried to turn the drone on. Tried reconnecting to the charger, found the 15 sec. reset on the internet, etc. In the evening I tried resetting it with the 15 sec reset. several times, that didn't help. however the battery stayed warm/hot. So I left it outside during the night. Monday morning tried the 15 sec. trick and leds started flashing. Recharged it and it flew like nothing had happened. I figured it started discharging Sunday evening (hence it stayed warm) for whatever reason. Not sure if this makes sense

You have been either very brave or very foolish to fly with a battery that appears to be faulty as it may have suddenly discharged in mid air. I assume that you have tried looking for it on the trajectory that it was last seen heading? If the battery was still attached and had power it should have connected to the controller when you got close enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento