Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery discharge and Strong Wind alert - on FF6 V.6.7.1 Mod -

sibujacob

Reaction score
Hi
I had yesterday a fast heart beat when my Anafi Thermal gave a big count display for RTH in 3...2..1...and started to decent after 3 minutes into the flight. The battery indicated very low alert .....I also saw on the screen in PINK message Strong WIND - dangerous..... I was using the Flight plan within the AnafiFF6 app and had to stop midway, raise the drone a bit more higher and then slowly return back. Within 10 minutes battery level reached 10% !!
Question is ,was this becos of the wind and battery together ?
Attached are the various parameters for anyone to analyze. Also attached the Airdata
Strangely here the battery levels seems to be fine !! It may be becos of strong wind warning that the RTH was initiated graphicView.jpgAirdata information

This is expected behaviour, and you should be thankful for Parrot implementing this;
- the drone calculated that with the strong wind (and high energy consumption), it might not have enough battery % left to complete the entire mission safely, so RTH would save your drone.

Also taking off without battery at 100% can lead to trouble, I don't have the energy to explain why sorry
Your battery never reached 10% according to the log though

Reactions: sibujacob
This is expected behaviour, and you should be thankful for Parrot implementing this;
- the drone calculated that with the strong wind (and high energy consumption), it might not have enough battery % left to complete the entire mission safely, so RTH would save your drone.

Also taking off without battery at 100% can lead to trouble, I don't have the energy to explain why sorry
Your battery never reached 10% according to the log though
What are you trying to imply here regarding battery levels ? Do I have to change the batteries. Something has tricked the eye.

if you don't charge it to 100% then it's possible it will crash mid-flight if you are like those noobs that never updated, if you updated and didn't charge to 100% before flying then it will do emergency landing

if you don't charge it to 100% then it's possible it will crash mid-flight if you are like those noobs that never updated, if you updated and didn't charge to 100% before flying then it will do emergency landing
I never updated to FF6 6.7.3. I am on FF6 6.7.1 Also my Anafi fw is on v1.6.3. However it flies well . Only i require someone to analyze the battery levels as per the info.

can you count the number of squares it goes down per 2 minutes? if you have that ability then you also have your answer.

can you count the number of squares it goes down per 2 minutes? if you have that ability then you also have your answer.
The query is not specific to the 10 minutes flight time but after a full charge , the discharge rate seems very uniform in the graph. The graph doesn't indicate any abnormality in the battery as it seems uniform whereas in reality i think I saw discharged quickly from 100% to 15% .

The query is not specific to the 10 minutes flight time but after a full charge , the discharge rate seems very uniform in the graph. The graph doesn't indicate any abnormality in the battery as it seems uniform whereas in reality i think I saw discharged quickly from 100% to 15% .

1) You didn't see it discharge from 100 because it was never at 100
2) the discharge rate is NOT uniform, my apologies if you cannot count but;
3) from 0: to 4:00 discharges 1 'square' height, between 4:00 and 6:00 it discharges 1 'square height' which is double compared to the first 4 minutes

btw I hope you are not using the drone to endanger allied forces. If you do, I hope they send a drone of their own (preferably a predator drone)

If you are using android you can get at the telemetry logs for the flight :-

If you check in (from the root of the phone drive when you connect to the computer).

/ Android / data / com.parrot.freeflight6 / files / logs

Hopefully there will be a long list of files in there, using the file creation you should be able to locate the one for that flight in question. The filenames are a random UID, so will not relate to anything.

They are a compressed json file - decompress and use a json parser to format it nicely.

Sadly there are no useable readers yet for this format, so you will have to parse it manually.

I suggest checking the battery voltage (mV) and the voltage level (%).

Your battery level looks ok to me you started flying at 89% and the flight ended at 25% nothing wrong there. I suspect looking at the fact that the battery dropped 64% in around 10 minutes is that you have a weak battery (low capacity) - you will learn more from the telemetry file as that also shows voltage.

Reactions: sibujacob
If you are using android you can get at the telemetry logs for the flight :-

If you check in (from the root of the phone drive when you connect to the computer).

/ Android / data / com.parrot.freeflight6 / files / logs

Hopefully there will be a long list of files in there, using the file creation you should be able to locate the one for that flight in question. The filenames are a random UID, so will not relate to anything.

They are a compressed json file - decompress and use a json parser to format it nicely.

Sadly there are no useable readers yet for this format, so you will have to parse it manually.

I suggest checking the battery voltage (mV) and the voltage level (%).

Your battery level looks ok to me you started flying at 89% and the flight ended at 25% nothing wrong there. I suspect looking at the fact that the battery dropped 64% in around 10 minutes is that you have a weak battery (low capacity) - you will learn more from the telemetry file as that also shows voltage.
thank you....Now i am able to understand !!

1) You didn't see it discharge from 100 because it was never at 100
2) the discharge rate is NOT uniform, my apologies if you cannot count but;
3) from 0: to 4:00 discharges 1 'square' height, between 4:00 and 6:00 it discharges 1 'square height' which is double compared to the first 4 minutes

btw I hope you are not using the drone to endanger allied forces. If you do, I hope they send a drone of their own (preferably a predator drone)

This is the link of a second battery I used for the same route. Here only 37% dropped in 9'15" which seems to hold the charge better. But in this case there was no wind !!

I am also attaching the Parrot Anafi graphic view of the flight

Attachments

• graphicView.jpg
    graphicView.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame