Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Battery Drains Fast. It goes from %100 to %10 in 2 mins

seda

Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to ask a question to you. I've got my bebop 2 drone 4 weeks ago and its battery had a problem but company changed it in two weeks however it still has problem. When I launch drone via FreeFligt pro app batery drains too quickly. It starts with %100 and it goes to %10 in 2 mins and it stays at %10 in 10 mins. So it flew about 12 mins. What do you think about this?

Bad battery or bad charger,there was lots of issues with chqrger last year.....this is charger i use Amazon.com: BTG Rapid 3 in 1 Balance Battery Charger for Parrot Bebop 2 Drone Parrot Bebop 2 FPV: Gateway
I would recommend you get yourself another battery too,i would recommend 4000 mAh one,it will give you extra 5 minutes of flytime(aprox.23-28 min)

Bad battery or bad charger,there was lots of issues with chqrger last year.....this is charger i use Amazon.com: BTG Rapid 3 in 1 Balance Battery Charger for Parrot Bebop 2 Drone Parrot Bebop 2 FPV: Gateway
I would recommend you get yourself another battery too,i would recommend 4000 mAh one,it will give you extra 5 minutes of flytime(aprox.23-28 min)

It's almost impossible for me to buy those charger and battery since I've been living in Turkey. However there is an another option for me and I'd like to have your opinion. I can return drone and get my money back. What do you think I should do? Return the drone or change the drone with a new one?

Last edited:
If the drone is flying for 10 minutes after the indicator shows 10% there may be a problem with the circuit that sense battery charge. I don't think a battery with a 10% charge is going to provide enough power to keep the drone flying for 10 additional minutes. You could test that by fully charging the battery and just let the drone hover and see how long it stays in the air. If it stays in the air for a normal length of time (based on your flying history with a good battery) then it's probably not the battery or the charger.

If the drone is flying for 10 minutes after the indicator shows 10% there may be a problem with the circuit that sense battery charge. I don't think a battery with a 10% charge is going to provide enough power to keep the drone flying for 10 additional minutes. You could test that by fully charging the battery and just let the drone hover and see how long it stays in the air. If it stays in the air for a normal length of time (based on your flying history with a good battery) then it's probably not the battery or the charger.

After indicator drops to %10 it stayed in the air about 10 mins. At first I thought there might be a problem with the app (free flight 3). But I dont know what should I do. Like I mentioned above should i return it?

You need to have good batteries and an accurate display of battery power remaining. If you have the option to return it I'd return it.

Most likely its one of the cells in the battery pack going bad. I have seen this myself (not as dramatic) I use a balance charger so it shows the the status of the 3 cells, when one cell is going bad, i scrap the battery pack.

Mike

Most likely its one of the cells in the battery pack going bad. I have seen this myself (not as dramatic) I use a balance charger so it shows the the status of the 3 cells, when one cell is going bad, i scrap the battery pack.

Mike
Wich balance Charger You recommend Mike?or wich one you are using? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame