Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 into salt water :(

Swordfish

Reaction score
Hello Guys

I have an accident with mi bebop 2. It felt into salty beach water, it was like 3 minutes in the water. I went for mi home (10 minutes) and disasembly the bebop 2 (30 minutes). I cleaned all the parts with a toothbrush and water, and after that i used a heardryer for all the parts, then i used isopropylic alcohol and then i put everething in a tupperware i left it one day in there.

There are no bad signs on the mobo itself, just on the photos i posted.

I tried to charge the battery but it was dead, so i didnt put it in the drone, so i went to buy another batery to test the bebop2.
Thing is that it wont turn on :( no light no sound, nothing...

Thing is that i dont know what to do...if buy a motherboard and hope that all the rest of the parts are ok or just buy another bebop2... please help! Have a nice day.

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_203649.jpg
    IMG_20201206_203649.jpg
    984.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20201206_203447.jpg
    IMG_20201206_203447.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 7
So sad to hear this been happen but the step you tried to save the bebop 2 was not the correct one
Never use water to clean water it doesn't matter what kind of water is, use the isopropylic alcohol to remove the water left in the electronic circuit and clean then with kontakt 6-68 ,try to use a digital microscopy to check all component closely for dirty or damage

Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Hello Guys

I have an accident with mi bebop 2. It felt into salty beach water, it was like 3 minutes in the water. I went for mi home (10 minutes) and disasembly the bebop 2 (30 minutes). I cleaned all the parts with a toothbrush and water, and after that i used a heardryer for all the parts, then i used isopropylic alcohol and then i put everething in a tupperware i left it one day in there.

There are no bad signs on the mobo itself, just on the photos i posted.

I tried to charge the battery but it was dead, so i didnt put it in the drone, so i went to buy another batery to test the bebop2.
Thing is that it wont turn on :( no light no sound, nothing...

Thing is that i dont know what to do...if buy a motherboard and hope that all the rest of the parts are ok or just buy another bebop2... please help! Have a nice day.
When I suspect there is a mother board problem (as I do with yours) I replace the board but I get a "complete" board with the motor and antenna wires and cooling fan and sensors and led power light with the frame work everything is mounted on,it makes it real easy to swap out. I suspect that because your bepop took a swim and with power still going to it,something in the board has shorted out. The camera and gps and motors should still be good. You can find the boards on ebay easily.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar