Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Jello Effect

Psutherling

Reaction score
For the benefit of other BB2 pilots experiencing Jello effect -- Got my BB2 over 2 years ago as first drone, and have over 300 flights with several minor crashes (pilot error). Other posts here discuss the effect of drone speed on Jello effect which I validate. Additionally, I note that after many flights my battery become a little loose when installed -- hard to see, but look close and move the battery to see changes in the battery/mainframe gap. I found this caused increased Jello effect even at lower speeds --- the loosened battery caused minute vibration. When I used a battery strap to secure the battery tightly to the main frame, the Jello effect disappeared -- still have some in sport mode which is normal. One other cause of Jello was a cracked mainframe -- due to the abrupt landing style of BB2s, and perhaps minor crashes. Found this after several hundred flights when I noticed a substantial increase in Jello at all speeds. Close inspection of frame revealed cracked rear truss under the main switch. After repairing the crack and reinforcing the truss, the Jello disappeared. The BB2 is more prone to Jello than my other drones -- primary culprit is high speed when filming, especially when flying 'sideways'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar