Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Video Quality

Lestat

Reaction score
can any one give me any tips
my quality in the videos dose not seem to be as sharp as some of the youtube videos i have watched on the bebop 2
my settings are
FreeFlight Pro

Bebop 2 Firmware 4.7.1
Skycontroller 2p Firmware 1.05

Resolution 1080P
Quality High
Frame Rate 30FPs
Roll Stabilization Yes
Antiflickering Mode Auto

here is my video i uploaded

i have added flight data the quality of the raw footage is the same i can up load that if needed

the weather was clear but slightly overcast the camera was wiped with a cloth before take off

it is possible that its me looking for two much detail or flying two high this is only my second proper flight

Last edited:
Hello, you should try the same flight in 720 p
Sometimes it gives better results.
If that doesn’t work make sure you have the latest software version.
Another tip if this doesn’t correct the problem is: hold the power button for 15 seconds, then the drone will restart this may take a few minutes

Reactions: Lestat
I'm new to this drone lark but not new to photography . The Bebop 2 takes good images but I've found the video to be a bit average . However,my android phone makes the videos taken look stunningly sharp,bright and colourful. This is down to it's photo and video software which lends all sorts of improvements,improvements that are lost on transfer to my p.c or google photos.
At a rough guess I would say that what we both need is a video editing suite that improves video the same way photoshop improves photos .

@Bonktastic - are you editing the video on your android phone, or just viewing it? Video will always tend to look sharper, brighter and more colourful on a small, high quality screen like a modern OLED smartphone display, even without any post-processing.

Video editing software can be expensive, unfortunately. I've been using the free version of DaVinci Resolve a bit. It's very powerful, but has a pretty steep learning curve if you're not into pro video editing (which I'm not!), so I've settled on using it just to apply a little sharpening to the original footage if required, and then using iMovie on the Mac for editing, which is a bit limited in features but cheap and very easy to use.

Other than that, following tips online from ANTHONYVLOG (on youtube) and others, I tend to (when I remember to!) shoot about 1/2 a stop underexposed, which preserves a bit more detail in the highlights.

i have Adobe Elements 14 will have to sit and find what i can really do with that program and recordings

have also found on the parrot web site they say the best results from the camera is at between 5 - 15 degrees

MOVEMENT
The speed affects the quality of photos. The faster your Parrot Bebop 2 is going, the more blurred your photos and videos will be. You can adjust the vertical tilt angle, vertical speed and rotation speed to achieve the best image quality.

For high-quality photos and videos, we recommend the following settings:

MAX TILT ANGLE – between 5 and 15 degrees
MAX VERTICAL SPEED – between 10.5 and 1.5 meters per second
MAX ROTATION SPEED – between 10 and 30 degrees per second

taken from here Taking photos and videos

@Bonktastic - are you editing the video on your android phone, or just viewing it? Video will always tend to look sharper, brighter and more colourful on a small, high quality screen like a modern OLED smartphone display, even without any post-processing.

Video editing software can be expensive, unfortunately. I've been using the free version of DaVinci Resolve a bit. It's very powerful, but has a pretty steep learning curve if you're not into pro video editing (which I'm not!), so I've settled on using it just to apply a little sharpening to the original footage if required, and then using iMovie on the Mac for editing, which is a bit limited in features but cheap and very easy to use.

Other than that, following tips online from ANTHONYVLOG (on youtube) and others, I tend to (when I remember to!) shoot about 1/2 a stop underexposed, which preserves a bit more detail in the highlights.

Well..yes I am watching it on the phone but it has a variety of options for improving picture and video but these improvements don't go any further than the phone itself so whatever I import / upload elsewhere lacks those improvements,which is irritating but your reply (and the chap in the post below) have certainly pointed me in the right direction so thank you for helping me out . I haven't got money to burn but can see myself flogging the overtime pony for an Anafi or even a fimi x8 soon,the video quality on those two is **** good.

i have Adobe Elements 14 will have to sit and find what i can really do with that program and recordings

have also found on the parrot web site they say the best results from the camera is at between 5 - 15 degrees

MOVEMENT
The speed affects the quality of photos. The faster your Parrot Bebop 2 is going, the more blurred your photos and videos will be. You can adjust the vertical tilt angle, vertical speed and rotation speed to achieve the best image quality.

For high-quality photos and videos, we recommend the following settings:

MAX TILT ANGLE – between 5 and 15 degrees
MAX VERTICAL SPEED – between 10.5 and 1.5 meters per second
MAX ROTATION SPEED – between 10 and 30 degrees per second

taken from here Taking photos and videos
Wonderful,I'll most definitely try these settings out...cheers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut