Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beebop 2 Skycontroller 1

Reaction score
Hi I'm completely new to Beebop 2, i've bought a second hand Beebop 2 with Skycontroller 1 in pristine condition. The reason its mint is because its never being used !
"Unfortuantely i should had done my homework before buying"

I've charged the batteries. They charged up completely in the time specified and appear to be holding a charge. I now need to upgrade the firmware ,and am very concerened because from what i've read, if the download fails or stops, the Beebop wont fly.
i'm using IOS on a phone, but would like to use my old IPad mini running IOS 9.3.5 it wont upgrade any higher.
Pointing me in the right direction to load the firmware and any help would me much appreciated.
Regards John

Not true,if upgrade fails you will have to repeat process,thats all...connect your phone/tablet to skycontroller,in freeflightpro hit controller icon and tell me what version is skycontroller firmware....last version is 1.7.4

Hi I'm completely new to Beebop 2, i've bought a second hand Beebop 2 with Skycontroller 1 in pristine condition. The reason its mint is because its never being used !
"Unfortuantely i should had done my homework before buying"

I've charged the batteries. They charged up completely in the time specified and appear to be holding a charge. I now need to upgrade the firmware ,and am very concerened because from what i've read, if the download fails or stops, the Beebop wont fly.
i'm using IOS on a phone, but would like to use my old IPad mini running IOS 9.3.5 it wont upgrade any higher.
Pointing me in the right direction to load the firmware and any help would me much appreciated.
Regards John
I have a Sky Controller 1, was under the impression needs a Computer to download latest firmware which I don’t use anymore. Has a very old firmware and have auctually lost two bebop drones using it, fly always. So I’ve been using Sky Controller 2 controllers instead and never had issues downloading latest firmware using an iPhone or iPad.

If you still continue to have issues with the Skycontroller 1, Skycontroller 2 controllers are very inexpensive $50 to $100 bucks on eBay. Plus, I get better distance with the Skycontroller 2 controllers over the SC1.

Go with a Sky controller 2, you’ll be glad you did.

Good luck,
Paul

Not true,if upgrade fails you will have to repeat process,thats all...connect your phone/tablet to skycontroller,in freeflightpro hit controller icon and tell me what version is skycontroller firmware....last version is 1.7.4
Skydreamer
Thank you for your help, unfortunately i'm old school, in the early days, ive updated computers and sat there with my finger up my bum whilst its gone on for ever or stopped not knowing what to do.
Ive just checked and my Skycontroller firmware is 1.6.6

I have a Sky Controller 1, was under the impression needs a Computer to download latest firmware which I don’t use anymore. Has a very old firmware and have auctually lost two bebop drones using it, fly always. So I’ve been using Sky Controller 2 controllers instead and never had issues downloading latest firmware using an iPhone or iPad.

If you still continue to have issues with the Skycontroller 1, Skycontroller 2 controllers are very inexpensive $50 to $100 bucks on eBay. Plus, I get better distance with the Skycontroller 2 controllers over the SC1.

Go with a Sky controller 2, you’ll be glad you did.

Good luck,
Paul
Thanks Paul

Here is update file....you need computer and memory stick,it can not be more than 8GB in size(Amazon.com: EASTFUN 5Pcs 8GB USB Flash Drive USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Thumb Stick Pen (Five Mixed Colors: Gold Rose Blue Purple Green): Gateway).
First you download file to your computer
Place Memory Stick in computer,right click on memory stick,click Format,choose Fat32 and click ok......Format takes 20 seconds,now just copy/paste file to the stick.
Place memory stick in Skycontroller USB,turn On skycontroller and wait 10 minutes.
Turn off skycontroller and remove memory stick,skycontroller should be updated.
I recommend you go to youtube and search “Skycontroller 1 update” and you will see tons of videos explaining how to do it,it is very simple

Here is update file....you need computer and memory stick,it can not be more than 8GB in size(Amazon.com: EASTFUN 5Pcs 8GB USB Flash Drive USB 2.0 Flash Memory Stick Thumb Stick Pen (Five Mixed Colors: Gold Rose Blue Purple Green): Gateway).
First you download file to your computer
Place Memory Stick in computer,right click on memory stick,click Format,choose Fat32 and click ok......Format takes 20 seconds,now just copy/paste file to the stick.
Place memory stick in Skycontroller USB,turn On skycontroller and wait 10 minutes.
Turn off skycontroller and remove memory stick,skycontroller should be updated.
I recommend you go to youtube and search “Skycontroller 1 update” and you will see tons of videos explaining how to do it,it is very simple

Hi Skydreamer
I spent most of the day trying to buy a 8meg memory stick locally, eventually ordered the ones you reccommended from Amazon.

Is upgrading the Beebop 2 straightforward. I've seen a couple of ways on you tube how to. It was on you tube they said it could be a problem with it going tits up, if not done the right way?
Many thanks for your help
John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood