Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Best SD card? What a nightmare...

Agreed. Sometimes I leave some video in an "old" folder as a form of temporary archiving in case I do something stupid with the downloaded files, but I've never gotten more than 40 Gb on the card.

Have you actually tested that card fully using something like H2Testw?

I say as a 512GB card should show up as around 475GB.

You card is showing 511.7GB which to me screams fake card.

I ordered the card from Amazon and the packaging seems legit. I am going to fly it today and see how it works.

I suppose I can write a script to fill up the card on my Mac with precisely 1 GB files and see how many it can store... but that will have to wait until later. Unless there is already a utility out there that can do that.

Hello all,
Probabably somewhat off the subject, but I'm reading here of huge memory sizes, 256 or even 512GB. What for?
When I come home from a mission I'm exited to see my results, all ok or have I to repeat the flight?
Therefore, as the first thing when back home, I move the videos from the Anafi to my computer.
I'm also seeing the possibility that my last flight will be the last flight.
I'm using a 64GB SanDisk extreme pro.
64GB is already an overkill. With my two batteries I would never exceed 32GB.
In case I'm losing my bird... bad enough I don't want to lose also precious material and a more costly card.;)

Trust me, as a photographer who travels frequently to beautiful but remote places without any Internet or cellular service, having more storage is never something I have complained about :)

One of my businesses is manufacturing boards for MicroSD card use, and I like to tell everyone who listens 99.9 % of MicroSD cards out there are fake.

For MAC's you can use an application called F3.

The card you have if fake will be either 8/16/32GB factory reject MicroSD card reprogrammed to appear as an 512GB unit.

I ordered the card from Amazon and the packaging seems legit. I am going to fly it today and see how it works.

I suppose I can write a script to fill up the card on my Mac with precisely 1 GB files and see how many it can store... but that will have to wait until later. Unless there is already a utility out there that can do that.

Trust me, as a photographer who travels frequently to beautiful but remote places without any Internet or cellular service, having more storage is never something I have complained about :)
When working with the Anafi in remote places where I have no possibility to remove the files from Anafi to a computer, I would still prefer a number of smaller SD cards instead of having one big one, just to minimize the risk of losing all.

One of my businesses is manufacturing boards for MicroSD card use, and I like to tell everyone who listens 99.9 % of MicroSD cards out there are fake.

I wrote a script on my Mac to fill up the 512GB card with 1 GB files. It works properly.

Attachments

• Sandisk512GBCard.png
    Sandisk512GBCard.png
    57 KB · Views: 17
There's a free app for use on Mac systems that is produced by the consortium that created SD cards as a universal standard. Use that to format your SD & micro SD cards & you can use them in any device with no problems!

The current version of FF6 for iOS does let you format your SD Cards in the Anafi, but, you need to format them correctly in the first place by using the above mentioned app.

That may explain why I kept getting a read error with my 128 card. I formatted it through Disk Utility, it would go in and start to record okay but after a minute, maybe less, I'd get the card error message. I'll give this app a try and see if it works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking