Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera horizon adjustment

Eencke

Reaction score
Can camera horizon adjustment done while in flight? Or only before take off?

From what I remember no it has to be landed and on a flat level surface.
Hmmm that’s another point for parrot to improve with new software update. As sometimes when wind direction is from the side , the horizon isn’t straight and would be nice to alter this during flight in stead of landing first

Hmmm that’s another point for parrot to improve with new software update. As sometimes when wind direction is from the side , the horizon isn’t straight and would be nice to alter this during flight in stead of landing first
The gimbal should compensate for any winds forced upon the Anafi (up to a certain extent), once you calibrate the gimbal to level on a flat surface it should remain that way during flight. If you are getting tilted horizon during flight then something is up.

Its not that much tilted , but with pretty stronger wind and flying in a certain angle , the horizon is a little bit diagonal . I can ofcourse edit this in post production.but would be nice to adjust this during the flight

Its not that much tilted , but with pretty stronger wind and flying in a certain angle , the horizon is a little bit diagonal . I can ofcourse edit this in post production.but would be nice to adjust this during the flight
Probably not an issue if only doing it in strong wind circumstances, it's a very light bird but even so it's stability is pretty good.

Luckily so far i got the anafi. Only waiting now to buy some extra battery , “if” and “when” parrot decides to sell them?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I seem to have an issue with the alignment of my gimbal/camera.

I noticed my video footage wasn't level when I played it back after my first flight. I have since discovered the gimbal and camera calibration settings, but even after recalibrating the gimbal on a flat surface and compensating the camera horizontal level to the maximum setting, it still isn't level.

I don't know what the issue could be, my Anafi has never crashed.

Screenshot_20190207-121048_FreeFlight 6.jpg

I am assuming on start up you have the camera lens cap off and starting the Anafi on a flat surface? If not it might not be getting full movement for alignment. If this does not apply then I would either return it to the seller or start a ticket with Parrot.

Reactions: LukeT

I noticed my video footage wasn't level when I played it back after my first flight. I have since discovered the gimbal and camera calibration settings, but even after recalibrating the gimbal on a flat surface and compensating the camera horizontal level to the maximum setting, it still isn't level.

View attachment 1198
Hi. in your case I think the axis of the drone, is not perpendicular to the base of the cabinet

View attachment 1198

The Anafi is fine it's your house that's crooked :).

Yes, I started it on a flat surface with the lens cap off. The camera appears to go through the full calibration movements, but the end result is not level.

Liztorra, unfortunately there can be no doubt that the axis of the drone is correct, as I have been extra careful to ensure this now:

WP_20190207_15_42_00_Pro.jpg WP_20190207_15_41_43_Pro.jpg Screenshot_20190207-153148_FreeFlight 6.jpg

I reset the camera alignment settings to 0 before attempting to recalibrate it - same result, unfortunately.

I guess I may have to return it to the shop and hope it was just a faulty unit. :(

Such a shame, because it actually flew beautifully.

Yes, I started it on a flat surface with the lens cap off. The camera appears to go through the full calibration movements, but the end result is not level.

Liztorra, unfortunately there can be no doubt that the axis of the drone is correct, as I have been extra careful to ensure this now:

View attachment 1201 View attachment 1202 View attachment 1203

I reset the camera alignment settings to 0 before attempting to recalibrate it - same result, unfortunately.

I guess I may have to return it to the shop and hope it was just a faulty unit. :(

Such a shame, because it actually flew beautifully.

I'm sorry, it seems you have to contact the technical service

What was the outcome ?
My Anafi generally has a flat horizon but not always and that's very annoying ! I thought only the Mavic Pro had that problem ;-)
So yes there was wind yesterday but certainly nothing the gimbal couldn't compensate for. It levelled out after a while for no apparent reason.

ok, mine only has that problem when there's a lot of wind, side wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nachiketh