Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Camera initiates movement but in flight no movement

Hi,
I believe your camera does not have enough free movement. I had this isseue with my brand new out of the box anafi. Unlike the first one which had no issue. This is how i fixed it, basically turn the power off. Flip it over use your thumb and index finger to glade the camera on its hanger while using a little force to move it away from the body of the anafi. Kind a push towards the two prongs for the camera. Less force and more movement. Mine got fixed after playing with it for two 10 minutes interval.
I believe it had to do with the change in temp and also the way the camera sits on the me box. My first came with camera lens facing forward and the one with the defect came with camera lense facing downward on its seat.

Give it a try don't use any tools just for fingers doi that you can guage the pressure applied. Good luck and keep us parted.

Thanks.

I got it. thank you for your help.

the issue was related to the position of the camera, but the point is that there is a small "half moon" piece of plastic to protect the cable which I assume is the camera data to be communicated back as well as the camera motor position. that cable was "pinched" and caused the malfunction. so, when I removed the piece of plastic, the ANAFI responded just like new. maybe need a slight bit more of the wire or maybe that piece was not tight to begin with.

who knows. we are back in operation. thank you

I am glad that you have solved your problem. Well done in bring so persistant.
I hope that your fix will help other users in the same situation. Perhaps we should gave a sticky for solutions to common and not so common problems.

Hi,
I believe your camera does not have enough free movement. I had this isseue with my brand new out of the box anafi. Unlike the first one which had no issue. This is how i fixed it, basically turn the power off. Flip it over use your thumb and index finger to glade the camera on its hanger while using a little force to move it away from the body of the anafi. Kind a push towards the two prongs for the camera. Less force and more movement. Mine got fixed after playing with it for two 10 minutes interval.
I believe it had to do with the change in temp and also the way the camera sits on the me box. My first came with camera lens facing forward and the one with the defect came with camera lense facing downward on its seat.

Give it a try don't use any tools just for fingers doi that you can guage the pressure applied. Good luck and keep us parted.

Thanks.
X
Did your camera move at all at startup? Did it go through it’s movements during initializing? I just got mine and camera doesn’t move up or down.
Thanks

I figured it out. Where wires are coming from the main unit to the camera, there is a small piece of plastic that protects the wires. I found that the wires were pinched underneath the plastic and restricted movement. I removed the protective plastic and it works fine.

clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg

View attachment 792
this is in trehonly angle the camera rests to.

Yeah, my first one did that also... 1 out of 3 starts/power-ons. Also, the camera was not leveling out after maneuvering/banking and was sticking during panorama shots (which had some interesting results in the final picture!). It was calibrating normally but was intermittently sticking. I brought it back to Best Buy and the exchange unit is functioning perfectly.

X
Did your camera move at all at startup? Did it go through it’s movements during initializing? I just got mine and camera doesn’t move up or down.
Thanks
Yes my camera moved some as if it was initializing but would stop half way during the process, until i fixed the issue. No issues anymore. Mine started brand new out of the box. In my case it could also be cold temps outside. If yours does not even try to initialize than it could be a different issue.

Solved camera problem. Returned to Best Buy and they swap out for a new one. All good now. Camera operates as advertised. Just have to figure out how to view the video now.

Good job, good you could exchange for new one. I also bought mine from brewery buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator