Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Cannot update anafi

Firmware "0.8.4-beta6" !?
How old is this Anafi? A pre-production model?
Where did you buy the bird?
Hi Dirk, bought it in a large electrical store here in Ireland “Harvey Norman’s” only bought it Tuesday........?????

Hi Dirk, bought it in a large electrical store here in Ireland “Harvey Norman’s” only bought it Tuesday........?????
ok.
I bought my Anafi shortly after sales start in July 2018. FW was 1.0.1 at the end of July, and 1.0.0 at sales start.
So I don't know, where your Anafi comes from.
Maybe this was a model that was sent to the press or some journalists for promotion purposes before sales start, perhaps from May or June 2018.

It is possible, that your problems with updating have to do with this pre-production FW.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
I have emailed the store, si I’m just gonna have to await their response..... thank you for the info. I genuinely wouldn’t know the difference.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI
So tried again today guys with an Android phone..... and still no joy. So my phone has been ruled out! It’s gotta be a problem between drone and app.
I'd really need to see video of what you are doing to be able to make any correct comment, screenshots don't show everything that has been done & in what order, etc. That would need to actually show every step of the way clearly.

It doesn't logically make sense to me that it would be a problem between the drone & app, when the drone is showing up as connected to the app. I'm not a Parrot support technician though.

Just noticed @Dirk_ANAFI 's response:
It is possible, that your problems with updating have to do with this pre-production FW.

I reckon he's on to something there!

Last edited:
Just out of interest @Dodowdy88 are you following these instructions to the letter? (Taken from the Parrot site)

In addition to opening up all the exceptional features of ANAFI, the FreeFlight 6 app will allow you to keep the on-board software of your drone and Parrot Skycontroller 3 updated at any time.

It must therefore be downloaded and installed on your phone (Android or iOS) before your first flight with ANAFI.

Although the procedure for doing this is very simple, every step must be followed in the right order, exactly as described below:

1. Find FreeFlight 6 on Google Play or the Apple App Store, depending on whether you are using an Android or iOS smartphone. Download the app, install it and give it all the permissions it asks for.
  2. It's time to open up all the systems:
    1. Unfold the arms of ANAFI, place it on a flat surface and turn it on by pressing the power button of its battery.
    2. Unfold Parrot Skycontroller 3's central arm to switch it on.
    3. Using the charging cable of your smartphone, connect it to the USB-A port of Parrot Skycontroller 3: FreeFlight 6 will open automatically.
  3. Do not try to log on to the ANAFI network using Wi-Fi.
  4. FreeFlight 6 will offer you the following two updates: one for Parrot Skycontroller and another for ANAFI.
  5. First, accept the update of Parrot Skycontroller 3: the application performs the update and confirms that it has been completed.
  6. Second, accept the ANAFI update: the application performs the update in the same way and confirms that it has been completed.

The updates must be installed in the right order for your drone to work properly. That's why we urge you, one last time, to:

update Parrot Skycontroller 3 first, ANAFI second.

When this procedure has been completed, your ANAFI is ready to fly:
  • either with Parrot Skycontroller alone;
  • or with your smartphone alone;
  • or by associating Parrot Skycontroller and your smartphone.

Update : 15/10/2018

I suspect you guys are right - too earlier version firmware.
I work on telco systems and it's not uncommon for a customer to be cheap and avoid upgrades... until they really want a new feature. then you have to do a 2-3 stage upgrade to be able to use the latest upgrade. 0.8... is really old and may not be upgrade-able by you... no matter how awesome you are!
Definitely needs Parrots opinion on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K