Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Channel 165 available in EU without FCC Mod....

Lufthaken

Reaction score
From the Freeflight 6 Mod Thread I thought, availability of WiFi channel 165 means, you're in FCC mode.
Now, I,m in the EU (Germany) and using the Android App from Play store and can choose channel 165. My Version is 6.6.2
Can anyone please confirm or clearify that for me, please ?
Or could it be, that they put their "professional" drones (thermal) to FCC mode by default ?

False alert.... Channels 36-48 are missing....
But the question remains: why is channel 165 available in the EU, since it is not allowed afaik ?

Last edited:
Very curious. I’m using the latest version of ds2atc’s modded App and I have access to ch36-48 and the higher channels.

One thing to note with these higher channels though, especially for UK/EU users. Just because the Parrot APP claims there is no activity on these channels does not mean they are not occupied. The Anafi APP only detects WiFi transmissions and in the UK/EU these channels are used for non-WiFi based short range devices, eg. Video senders, automotive networking, etc. It just so happens that the other day I was doing some testing on CH165 and when the Anafi was only 30ft away I lost all connections (video and control). I set my spectrum analyser up and could quite clearly see a strong and wide signal (15MHz Bandwidth) centred on 5820MHz (Ch165 = 5825MHz). I haven’t had chance to look closely at this signal but I do believe it to be an encrypted security video link from a nearby house as I can see what appears to be a Video frame sync pulse.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: Ratmir
Iteresting Nidge. What are you using as a spetrum analyser. and is it portable, as we occasionally have people 'shot down' on our field in a certain area coming in to lasnd and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Hi Liger

It’s an opensource box called the HackRF One. It’s a software defined radio that covers 1MHz to 6GHz, though will work outside of this range with reduced performance.
Being a SDR it can be configured into all sorts of applications, such as:

LTE base station
A RC Remote.
An Amateur Radio Tranceiver.

And so forth. Though the developer’s main driver was as a tool to detect and exploit network vulnerabilities.
It is very portable as it just uses the host USB as a power source and there are utilities and full suites of supporting software available in Windows, Linux, and Android.

I have the original unit, as designed and distributed by the developer, Mike Ossman of GreatScott Gadgets, but being opensource there are cheaper units by anonymous Chinese manufacturers, so price wise it ranges form around £150 to £250.

For a spectrum Analyser I use is a free utility for Windows. It’s able to scan the whole 1MHz to 6GHz range in around 300ms so updates are as close to real-time as you can get. Though for true portability there are a few Android Apps that can sample bandwidth up to 20MHz while performing demodulation in real-time.

There are many tutorials and demonstrations on YouTube if you want to dig deeper.

Regards

Nidge.

You´re right... Just checked the analogue Video Downlink Frequencies of my "ye olde Hubsan H109s", and Channel 165 is exactly in that Frequency Range.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut