Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Check that nothing is blocking the camera and restart "any solution"

Maher

Reaction score
Today!!
I start getting this error "Check that nothing is blocking the camera and restart your drone.
The drone will keep doing this as showing in the video...:(

Screenshot_20190725-195047.jpg
IMG_20190725_195119_Bokeh.jpg

Today!!
I start getting this error "Check that nothing is blocking the camera and restart your drone.
The drone will keep doing this as showing in the video...:(

View attachment 2446
View attachment 2445

The address for your YouTube video does not work. Therefore, it is not possible to see what is happening. However, it is without doubt a mechanical problem you have with your gimbal. Have you tried gently moving the camera back and forth throughout its range of motion?

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maher
Have you tried a gamble calibration? It is clearly failing during start up. Try holding it level off the floor also and do a restart. Have you had a crash recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The address for your YouTube video does not work. Therefore, it is not possible to see what is happening. However, it is without doubt a mechanical problem you have with your gimbal. Have you tried gently moving the camera back and forth throughout its range of motion?

Regards Leif.
here is the link

About the camera, if you mean the zoom yes it works but to control it up and down no it doesn't work when i start the drone the gimbal move but by my controler it doesn't work..

Have you tried a gamble calibration? It is clearly failing during start up. Try holding it level off the floor also and do a restart. Have you had a crash recently?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I tried but same.. It falls from my hand to the floor..

here is the link

About the camera, if you mean the zoom yes it works but to control it up and down no it doesn't work when i start the drone the gimbal move but by my controler it doesn't work..

No, I actually mean what I wrote. After watching the video where your Anafi attempt to initialize camera and gimbal, I can see what I was expecting that the initialization is not brought to an end because there is something blocking the gimbal movement. That is why I suggest you gently move the camera into its outer positions by hand.

As you write in your last post that you have dropped your Anafi on the floor I understand better that gimbal will not initialize properly as a gimbal is a very delicate piece of mechanics. Hope you can make your gimbal/camera to work again as it is actually the most expensive part of an Anafi

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Latest update is that there is no any solution and here is the conversation..

Sorry to be late for the update but the way they reply too the whole time you can watch the video and see the date they replied.

My gimbal was failing the last part of initialization until I trimmed the lower part of the eye shield. It was interfering with the roll motor housing just a little bit.

I solved the problem by opening the front cover of the camera but here is the problem if I put the cover while it's on its fine as soon I restarted it won work any suggestion?IMG_20191014_155212.jpg

Latest update is that there is no any solution and here is the conversation..

Just wanted to add that I think you were being a bit harsh on Parrot Support. Think we have all experienced them at some time or another, and yes they can be frustrating to deal with, but had I been in your position, I would not have gone through Parrot.

By your own admission, you dropped the Anafi, causing the damage. There is no way they should be pushed to cover that under warranty.

Personally I would have gone through my home insurance, as they cover items such as this whether at home or away from the home.

I think Parrot support were being fair even pushing it through to see if they could cover it.

Hopefully you will be able to resolve the issue now that you have narrowed it down to where the problem is.

I would put the front cover back on, and move the gimbal almost Slo-Mo to see if you can see where its catching. Try to simulate the movement it goes through when doing calibration, you should be able to see where its catching.

Fingers crossed you resolve it....... these are not cheap toys, so a lot of money just to throw away. (y)

I'm having the same experience/problem [the gimbal works only without the camera front cover].
Has anyone found a workaround?

Hello!
Finally I decided to send it to repair by Parrot, via Amazon.
Hope it will work again.

Enviat des del meu ONEPLUS A5000 usant Tapatalk

Well, finally they said it was not possible to repair and they have replaced it for a new one [emoji846][emoji846][emoji846]

Enviat des del meu ONEPLUS A5000 usant Tapatalk

Reactions: Zigzag84 and Maher
Just wanted to add that I think you were being a bit harsh on Parrot Support. Think we have all experienced them at some time or another, and yes they can be frustrating to deal with, but had I been in your position, I would not have gone through Parrot.

By your own admission, you dropped the Anafi, causing the damage. There is no way they should be pushed to cover that under warranty.

Personally I would have gone through my home insurance, as they cover items such as this whether at home or away from the home.

I think Parrot support were being fair even pushing it through to see if they could cover it.

Hopefully you will be able to resolve the issue now that you have narrowed it down to where the problem is.

I would put the front cover back on, and move the gimbal almost Slo-Mo to see if you can see where its catching. Try to simulate the movement it goes through when doing calibration, you should be able to see where its catching.

Fingers crossed you resolve it....... these are not cheap toys, so a lot of money just to throw away. (y)

I wasn't harsh and I wasn't asking to repair it I agree they say your warrant dose cover.. what I was asking to provide me the part so I will try to repair it that's all, they send me link for those may repair and all of they said we don't have the part to repair it and once they ask me to buy a new one am I still harsh?
If you said yes I'll apologize to them.

Hi everybody!
after a few small crashes/problems my ANAFI seems to have this "tilted point of view" (please see pictures, even if I "calibrated" the horizon line to the maximum value [+5°]).
Does anyone know how to modify (rotate) the axis so to get the right horizon?

thanks!
gc

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20200208_171144.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20200208_171144.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 100003340579.JPG
    100003340579.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics