Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Connecting controller to iPhone kills connection to drone (?!)

apixelpilot

Reaction score
I can only control the drone with the iPhone's wifi- once I plug the iphone into the controller, the drone is lost.

I just updated the s/w, shut everything down & restarted each device, changed usb cables and yet the problem persists.

Any thoughts?

Edit: After resetting the drone (press & hold power button for 10-12 seconds) and *finding* a reset button for the controller (somewhere in the app), it's now working as it should.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmh1nic
If you plug the controller into the phone, you should use airplane mode on the phone. The phone is no longer using wifi to connect with the drone, the controller is doing that. The phone is just sending GPS and barometric data on the cable to the controller which then transmits it to the drone, and is acting as a screen for the video data coming back through the controller from the drone.

Reactions: apixelpilot
Thanks for the explanation!

I was recently on vacation in Mexico and I initially thought my controller had been disabled by parrot or the FAA because I was within 5 miles of an airport, but then I noticed it was still not functioning when I returned home. So the whole time I was there I only used my iphone's wifi, and never let it fly more than 100 ft away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut