Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crack on vertical camera

PikkuY

Reaction score
I had an unfortunate crash and one arm broke from the drone. There are arms on the ebay so not too conserned about that. However the vertical cam seem to have had hit on the drones bodyframe as there's a piece missing. Do you guys think it'll be a problem? Seems also theyre not available anywhere to buy separately. 15670581700251450849833895680053.jpg

Last edited:
If something has managed to crack the vertical camera housing, although it does look superficial, I would be concerned that it could have caused internal damage by pressing the camera against the motherboard. Have you powered it on and seen whether it goes through its pre flight checks OK? You could also open it up, as you will have to to be able to replace an arm, and look for any internal damage.

If something has managed to crack the vertical camera housing, although it does look superficial, I would be concerned that it could have caused internal damage by pressing the camera against the motherboard. Have you powered it on and seen whether it goes through its pre flight checks OK? You could also open it up, as you will have to to be able to replace an arm, and look for any internal damage.

Yep, everything seems green on the precheck. No error messages. I ordered the mechanical kit so will move all parts to new housing. I understood that if the bottom cam fails it will give "vertical cam error" in freeflight. That part seems not be sold separately.

Can you take some in-focus and hi-res photos of the camera module/cable when moving the parts over.

I am sure it will be an off the shelf part which can be sourced from a 3rd party.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante