Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Crash without reason

A motor with a single blade would be so unbalanced it would shake itself to death instantly and either break the other blade or close/break the arm.

Reactions: jefmob_1
A motor with a single blade would be so unbalanced it would shake itself to death instantly and either break the other blade or close/break the arm.
There is evidence that the Anafi will still fly on a single blade. However you are correct that the vibration would be extreme - both props would be thrown eventually, in let's say... 9 seconds :devilish:

Last edited:
it is curious that two Anafi were found with their back legs closed after losing their propellers.

Thank to help to resolve the problem of stall, so, propellers or software problem?
Here is the following part of my investigations.
I will submit for a return for exchange and see what happend.
Let me know if I am wrong with my deductions. Tx

Thank to help to resolve the problem of stall, so, propellers or software problem?
Here is the following part of my investigations.
I will submit for a return for exchange and see what happend.
Let me know if I am wrong with my deductions. Tx

I like your style with the video presentation (y)

Your two points with regards to the back-flip and the vibration also caught my attention when comparing the dam video with yours. However I believe the disparity can be explained by how much power was being delivered to the props at the time of failure. From your video I would say you were moving at considerable speed, unlike the guy at the dam who was more or less hovering. A sudden loss of lift at high thrust could overwhelm the stabilisation - enough to tip beyond 90 degrees. As for the vibration, there are many factors as to why it would be in or out of phase with the EIS: the video frame rate, the final speed of the props, the stiffness of the arm hinges?

I am also trying to claim warranty on a lost Anafi from what I suspect is exploding propellers. If your incident is related to prop failure under normal usage, and the fact that your props have only seen 4 hours of flight time (and assuming no collision with a very hard insect) then this scenario would be unacceptable in my books, and definitely outside of operator error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut