Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Critical Battery - Auto-Landing - Battery level = 64%

Rafaelgpinto

Reaction score
Hello Anafi Pilots

Once again, my Anafi is not flying anymore again! I was flying without any issues and run out 2 batteries (to around 30%) and then I pickup my third one with 70%.

I was flying to landmark location (height 17m and manual sport mode) when I got a error message on my screen: Critical battery level - Auto-Landing. I couldn't do nothing else than take a screenshot and see my drone "landing" in the water!

My battery was with 64%, GPS locked, firmware upgrade to 1.8.2 and SC3 with 1.8.1 (latest firmwares versions available at 09.10.21).

My ios device was not captured the flight data and now Parrot is telling me that without flight data, they can't do nothing! WTF!?

I'm reall disappointed with parrot and I will write a claim into our european consumer rights. It's quite obvious that something is wrong with software/hardware which triggered the auto landing.. without the RTH warning first. Nevertheless, it was with 64% battery! I'm really angry with them!

IMG_0692.PNGIMG_0692.PNGIMG_0684.PNG

Hello Anafi Pilots

Once again, my Anafi is not flying anymore again! I was flying without any issues and run out 2 batteries (to around 30%) and then I pickup my third one with 70%.

I was flying to landmark location (height 17m and manual sport mode) when I got a error message on my screen: Critical battery level - Auto-Landing. I couldn't do nothing else than take a screenshot and see my drone "landing" in the water!

My battery was with 64%, GPS locked, firmware upgrade to 1.8.2 and SC3 with 1.8.1 (latest firmwares versions available at 09.10.21).

My ios device was not captured the flight data and now Parrot is telling me that without flight data, they can't do nothing! WTF!?

I'm reall disappointed with parrot and I will write a claim into our european consumer rights. It's quite obvious that something is wrong with software/hardware which triggered the auto landing.. without the RTH warning first. Nevertheless, it was with 64% battery! I'm really angry with them!

View attachment 5775View attachment 5776View attachment 5777
recommended reading: Solaris8x86 views on the Parrot Anafi crash's(5/Nov)

Reactions: Kukulis
Very sorry to hear about your aircraft. There is a similar Youtube video showing similar. I too had this happen several times over land. But my Autolandings were usually with much less battery.

My last flight had me Autoland with the battery percentage showing 19 to 20% but the mvolts on the modded Free Flight 6 were showing 7000-7100.

No doubt there are some serious battery issues and or battery management going on. I also had an Anafi Thermal fall from 200+ feet with the battery at 70-80%. I have no explanation on that one either.

I won't take either Anafi over water ever again due to this random fall from sky and Autoland.

Reactions: Tasos Delaportas
Rafaelgpinto,
did you try to interrupt auto landing?
Normally this should be possible.
Interrupting a battery autolanding?
On DJI, yes.
With Anafi? NO!
You can just try to fly it to a safe point, during descend.
but with this battery design problems will most likely result in a "Another Anafi fell from the sky, at xx% battery"

Interrupting a battery autolanding?
On DJI, yes.
With Anafi? NO!
You can just try to fly it to a safe point, during descend.
but with this battery design problems will most likely result in a "Another Anafi fell from the sky, at xx% battery"
Yes, "fly it to a safe point during descend" was what I ment. That is possible after interrupting the autolanding.

I have had several Autoland events, especially before we knew about the battery problems. When I was mapping at 100 - 200 feet and this event happened, I was only able to bank, yaw, forward and reverse. I could not gain altitude. I found it difficult to notice it went into autoland, then use the limited controls to bring it to me while it is descending at a decent speed.

I also had an auto-landing on the lake at 27%. Nothing could be done, joysticks were not controlled
anafi_drop.jpg

Hi Anafi pilots, it is very disappointed to lose your drone believing that the higher percentage is good enough for your flight...

Last month I experienced myself my first three Autolandings and one RTH for low battery, likely over land.

I was flying with Auriga Anafi when RTH for low battery was initiated. You can enable this future and adjust Battery Warnings for Low battery threshold in % and Critical voltage threshold in Volt. The audio messages are of great help in these anxious moments.

I don't think that my Autolandings with FF6 was Auto-RTH from the beginning but I was able only once to steer it to a better spot.

Yesterday I had two Autolandings which I couldn't do anything about it.
The only miscalculation could be the wind (was about 4m/s which is good to fly in UAV Forecast app)

One battery with 95% landed after 1,5 minute with 86%!
The other with 58% landed in less than a minute with 49%!

As many others says something must be wrong.

Rafaelgpinto how did you contact Parrot?
It is not obvious in the official Parrot page whom to contract for these kind of support.
Did you call the French number 00 33 1 48 03 60 69?

Because I have the flight data to send them for my case.
In the mean time I waiting for an answer from the local reseller about this.

I bought the Anafi Extended for 2 years ago. My batteries are having 15, 18 and 19 cycles.
Very far away from 300 they advertised and we are already experiencing lost drones and scary flights!

If you are using a Android device then download the modified app at the top of the stickies and install it. You will then be able to see the actual voltage of the battery as the % value can be a long way off if the battery has been regularly discharged very low <20% during its lifetime. Otherwise use a multimeter to measure the actual battery voltage after an Autolanding and see what it is. The voltage will be higher than when in flight but it will give a good indication.

As far as I know the guarantee on batteries is 6 months

If you have allowed Airdata to log your flights you can look back at your cell #1 & cell #2 to see if one is failing. Near the end of the flight the deviation between the two will show how good your battery is.
Using the HD Flight Player allows you this option.

screenshot-app.airdata.com-2021.11.18-15_50_49.png

If you are using a Android device then download the modified app at the top of the stickies and install it. You will then be able to see the actual voltage of the battery as the % value can be a long way off if the battery has been regularly discharged very low <20% during its lifetime. Otherwise use a multimeter to measure the actual battery voltage after an Autolanding and see what it is. The voltage will be higher than when in flight but it will give a good indication.

As far as I know the guarantee on batteries is 6 months
Yes I am using the modified app and bringing back the drone as soon as the mV turns into "yellow" values.
With this way I am always landing with at least one solid green led on the battery.
This time it just Autolanded twice. Next time I will measure the voltage afterwards. I know that it will be higher but it will give me an indication. I will also compare with the battery cells data in Airdata as Agustine suggested.

I believe that the batteries are aging chemically after two years despite the few cycles. Otherwise I don't know what am I doing wrong.

You are right nobody can give you more that 6 months guarantee on batteries just hopped to have more cycles with out problems.

If you have allowed Airdata to log your flights you can look back at your cell #1 & cell #2 to see if one is failing. Near the end of the flight the deviation between the two will show how good your battery is.
Using the HD Flight Player allows you this option.

View attachment 5803
Thanks for the tip!
I tried today three small flights in the apartment one with each battery charged 85%.
One cell is already having abnormal deviation in my first battery with the most cycles.
I have to monitor each one of them near the end of each flight.

I just couldn't find the HD Flight Player.
Is it because the flight wasn't outdoors or do I need to upgrade to a paid plan?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks for the tip!
I tried today three small flights in the apartment one with each battery charged 85%.
One cell is already having abnormal deviation in my first battery with the most cycles.
I have to monitor each one of them near the end of each flight.

I just couldn't find the HD Flight Player.
Is it because the flight wasn't outdoors or do I need to upgrade to a paid plan?
No need for a paid account.
If you click on Notifications and then look near the bottom you will see the HD player Icon.
I know its kind of hard to find.

screenshot-app.airdata.com-2021.11.19-16_42_03.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut