Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Date stamp wrong on Video

dextron16

Reaction score
The Date stamp on my Parrot Anafi drone videos is 1979?
How do I change it on the drone?
Has anyone eles seen this.
This is across the board on all videos or Photographs very odd.
I have atached a screen shot below.
TIA

Attachments

• 1979 drone video.jpg
    1979 drone video.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 6
Always had the problem and Iv never been able to solve it.
Thanks for thereply it dodsnt worry me but if I were a military investor in Parrot drones I would be very worried.
Funny thing is videos viewed with VLC show the correct date its only in windows file properties that it shows up. Mineseems to be stuck at december 30th 1979 and nothing will change it.

Hello Everone
I got a reply back from Parrot support (one of many) but their conclusion aboutthe date stamp being wrong relates to quote from Parrot support
" the investigation team are suspecting that a defective GPS chip is the reason behind your current issue, to be sure of this the unit should be physically examined."
So I suspect from this that Parrot are using a load of old GPS chips that can't translate the date correctly. Something akin to having to replace my old tomtom720 a few years ago which now works perfectly although unsupported.
Anyway I have managed to correct the date and time stamp on pictures and videos by using Hex edit.

Same problem - starts at 1979 and now some of the dates are 1980, reflecting I guess the time that has passed since my first flight.

Same problem - starts at 1979 and now some of the dates are 1980, reflecting I guess the time that has passed since my first flight.
Funny thing happened today, I flew my drone last night and this morning when I checked the date stamp they were correct. How strange is that. Ihavn't done anything different so what has re set the clock.

Reactions: Rizzo08

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood