Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

discontinued battery in skycontroller 2p

hunter droner

Reaction score
well , I bought my first drone and all working okay except for my battery in skycontroller 2 is awful....like title says its a discontinued battery from manufacture...so guess what..anyone buying a bebop2 fpv bundle from best buy is gonna be in same trouble...so what good is a controller that battery only last about same as battery in drone...parrot knows about this issue and not recalling them is baffling ...I like this drone I bought exra battery, case , rubber feet..and I want them to fix this issue...how many people are getting screwed on this purchasing this Christmas...so parrot this needs to be addressed immediatley

well , I bought my first drone and all working okay except for my battery in skycontroller 2 is awful....like title says its a discontinued battery from manufacture...so guess what..anyone buying a bebop2 fpv bundle from best buy is gonna be in same trouble...so what good is a controller that battery only last about same as battery in drone...parrot knows about this issue and not recalling them is baffling ...I like this drone I bought exra battery, case , rubber feet..and I want them to fix this issue...how many people are getting screwed on this purchasing this Christmas...so parrot this needs to be addressed immediatley
I agree, but just so you know, if this forum is anything like Yuneec's. No one from Parrot is keeping tabs on this site. It's falling on deaf ears in hear. I could be wrong though.

Isn't the issue of the controller battery due to the fact that most android phone begin to charge themselves off the controllers Battery. My phone does and I can't seem to prevent my phone from doing that. I have a Samsung s7edge and s8+.

I wonder if that's why Best buy has 0 in stock been trying to buy one for week

Congratulations getting the bebop 2,

I’ve heard the 2P controller with cylinder battery is having issues charging some phones, and battery drains quickly from this. The benefit side to having the SCP2 is better reception, giving further range in areas with inference.

Recently, Purchasd two extra new SCP2 cylinder batteries for my P2 controller off eBay. I’m seeing the extra signal strength from this controller, going to use these extra batteries in the future prolonging the SC2P usage.

Take good care of you controller, avoid unplugging cable from controller connector that connector may weaken and break off.

Good luck, enjoy the benefit side of SCP2 that’s how I look at it.

All the best,
Paul

Congratulations getting the bebop 2,

I’ve heard the 2P controller with cylinder battery is having issues charging some phones, and battery drains quickly from this. The benefit side to having the SCP2 is better reception, giving further range in areas with inference.

Recently, Purchasd two extra new SCP2 cylinder batteries for my P2 controller off eBay. I’m seeing the extra signal strength from this controller, going to use these extra batteries in the future prolonging the SC2P usage.

Take good care of you controller, avoid unplugging cable from controller connector that connector may weaken and break off.

Good luck, enjoy the benefit side of SCP2 that’s how I look at it.

All the best,
Paul
where did you find those batteries on ebay..thanks

Hello hunter droner,

I picked these up from an eBay seller that sells Parrot parts, iced purchased mother boards, motors, Sky controllers and other parts from this seller before.

If you’re needing a Battery, I’ll see if I can forward you his information.

Take care,
Paul

Call Parrot support before your 30 days end.
I gave them a call last week about the skycontroller 2 having battery issue and range
they ask me if i had the cylinder or square battery in the controller in which i have the cylinder one

Now i've been approved, They are replacing the entire package, not only the skycontroller.

I also bought it at Best Buy and it was the FPV Kit
Package is on it's way to Parrot, Can't wait to see if the new one will be better

Call Parrot support before your 30 days end.
I gave them a call last week about the skycontroller 2 having battery issue and range
they ask me if i had the cylinder or square battery in the controller in which i have the cylinder one

Now i've been approved, They are replacing the entire package, not only the skycontroller.

I also bought it at Best Buy and it was the FPV Kit
Package is on it's way to Parrot, Can't wait to see if the new one will be better
did you have to send them old one back, you mean your drone itself getting replaced as well , or you meant skycontroller 2 , charger and battery.

did you have to send them old one back, you mean your drone itself getting replaced as well , or you meant skycontroller 2 , charger and battery.
Yes i sent everything back, the drone, skycontroller, cockpitgoggle, charger, etc...

I have also been in contact with Parrot about the skycontroller. I asked about just getting the skycontroller replaced. My bebop 2 is fine.
I have been instructed to send in everything; they are going to replace the whole package.

Well, unless you had the last version of the drone with the upgrade battery and the blue light,
you better send everything, if your lucky, maybe you'll received the upgrade version;)

Brisyl,
Mine had the red light. Is the upgraded version with the blue light the "power" edition?

Yes, from what i read on the forum, it seem like the last version would be the drone with the blue light, the upgrade battery is 3300mah instead of 2700mah with the upgrade charger

Guess I'll just have to see what they send.
I got a reply from them saying the skycontroller was being exchanged specifically because of the cylindrical battery.
I don't understand sending in the whole thing though. Oh well, we'll see what happens 7-10 business days after they recieve it from me.

Guess I'll just have to see what they send.
I got a reply from them saying the skycontroller was being exchanged specifically because of the cylindrical battery.
I don't understand sending in the whole thing though. Oh well, we'll see what happens 7-10 business days after they recieve it from me.
Was it only the battery that was deffective? how about the range? was it good?

You probably had to send everything so they could do test and make sure that everything in the next kit will work fine together, so you won't have to send it back again

Range was only about 3-400 meters before I started to lose signal, but I do have a lot of trees around.
According to Parrot, they are replacing the fpv kit because of the round battery in the skycontroller

Try this link for the Parrot Skycontroller 2 Battery: SKU: PAPF070271AA MFR: PF070271AA

https://www.adorama.com/papf070271a...clid=ADL-2822f109-471f-4a53-9c69-894bf93dff1c

ParrotBattery for Skycontroller 2

Range was only about 3-400 meters before I started to lose signal, but I do have a lot of trees around.
According to Parrot, they are replacing the fpv kit because of the round battery in the skycontroller
300 to 400 meter is very low mine was around 700 meter, lets cross our fingers that the replaced one will be as it should for the range and the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut