Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Drifting Issue

I was going to make an entire post about this and still may. As far as I can tell there is a minimum distance before RTH really works. I have noticed exactly what you have but I am not sure what the distance was. I was wondering if the programming logic was such that if the drone was less than a certain distance away either it was in a circular distance of error or that if you needed RTH at 40 feet your needs are beyond that which the software can provide.

I was planning on doing a series of test flights to test this for the actual distance tonight but the weather is uncooperative. I do know that once I do exceed the required distance RTH has worked quite well.

Had a feeling something like this would be the answer, just dont have time to test at the moment. Next call was going to be to Parrot to see what they say, but would be great if you had time to do testing and publish your findings, might save other behind us wondering.

Thanks

Are you sure you hit the RTH button? Could it have been the land button by mistake? Just a thought

110% the RTH button, we tried it several times on different flights, including using the same button on the screen.

Thanks

110% the RTH button, we tried it several times on different flights, including using the same button on the screen.

Thanks
Ok i just have been testing the rth with several distances and it looks like the area within 15 meters distance from the remote seems like the rth area. When i press rth 16 meters distance it goes up to 20 meters en returns home like it should if i press rth 14 meters distance it lowers to approx 2 meters from the ground. I think parrot forgot to mention this in the manual. Its like dji , everthing there within 20 meters from remote the drone lands. Luckily the anafi doesnt land completely but hovers. Thats good incase you are near water. Compared to dji you will have to scubadive.

I have sent parrot an email , to look into it and if this is indeed the case , the drone doesnt rth within 15 meters, then they should update the manual.

I have sent parrot an email , to look into it and if this is indeed the case , the drone doesnt rth within 15 meters, then they should update the manual.

Thanks for that test, I had a sneaking feeling that would be the case, but as you say, if thats the case, then it should mention it in the manual, even a one liner would do "RTH does not function under distance of 15m from take-off" easy.

But glad to hear I was'nt losing the plot :)

Thanks for that test, I had a sneaking feeling that would be the case, but as you say, if thats the case, then it should mention it in the manual, even a one liner would do "RTH does not function under distance of 15m from take-off" easy.

But glad to hear I was'nt losing the plot :)
I opened a case with parrot , see what they will say and/or if they take some kind of action

Yes it should have been in the manual but every UAV I have owned has that safe circle as some of them call it. I guess there way of thinking is if you have good VLOS then why do you need RTH.

Yes it should have been in the manual but every UAV I have owned has that safe circle as some of them call it. I guess there way of thinking is if you have good VLOS then why do you need RTH.
Luckily it doesnt land completely, but hovers . But for newby’s in the droneworld, this could cause panic attacks and they might not know how to act , as not in the manusl . See if parrot gives me an update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schaefer73