Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

External stitcher for 360° panos

Pete

Reaction score
Occasionally have errors with 360° panos in Freeflight and like to try with an external stitcher.

I‘ve read someone had success with Ice but I‘m on Mac.

In another thread someone used Autopano Giga but it is no more available.

Any other suggestions that work preferably on Mac or iOS or Android?

... works ok for me.

Thanks.

Had already downloaded it but so far had no time to play with it.

Seems there is not much you can adjust. So it is hit or miss. It either works automatically or not, right?

Will give it a try.

Last edited:
I was actually going to post a thread about this after noticing that ICE was not able to handle the 42 picture spheres taken by the Anafi out of the box. They are always warped for some reason. Since FF produces decent 8000x4000 results I wasn't too bothered but still intrigued.

... works ok for me.

Autostich completed the Pano successfully which Freeflight refused to stitch. Nice.

The output is a flat JPEG with somewhat warped top and bottom though. Does it need some conversion or will an app that is capable of displaying spherical panoramas work directly with this JPEG?

For best results, the finished panorama should have a 2:1 ratio width to height. Some sites limit size to 10,000 x 5000 pixels so you may have to resize it. You will probably have to edit the exif data for the image to indicate that it is a 360 degree pano. You can do this by right clicking the image, choosing properties, then details tab. Scroll down to camera maker and set to Ricoh then set camera model to Ricoh Theta S. These instructions are for PC. Mac may be different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut